sem 32 - OS2

This is a discussion on sem 32 - OS2 ; Hello, I am migrating an aplication from OS/2 to Windows. I have no access to the OS/2 system. I just have the code of the application which runs on OS/2. Can anybody tell me, what is the location of the ...

  1. sem 32

    Hello,

    I am migrating an aplication from OS/2 to Windows. I have no access to
    the OS/2 system. I just have the code of the application which runs on
    OS/2.

    Can anybody tell me, what is the location of the sem32 folder on OS/2
    machine?

    Regards,
    Ankit

  2. Re: sem 32

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:55:03 UTC, Ankit
    wrote:

    > Can anybody tell me, what is the location of the sem32 folder on OS/2
    > machine?

    There is no such folder. \SEM32\ is a prefix, that must be used when
    creating or opening named sempahores.

    --
    Ruediger "Rudi" Ihle [S&T Systemtechnik GmbH, Germany]
    http://www.s-t.de

  3. Re: sem 32

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:55:03 -0800 (PST), Ankit
    wrote:

    > I am migrating an aplication from OS/2 to Windows. I have no access to
    > the OS/2 system. I just have the code of the application which runs on
    > OS/2.
    >
    > Can anybody tell me, what is the location of the sem32 folder on OS/2
    > machine?

    The same place as \DEV and \PIPE.

    They do not exist in the filesystem, if that is what you are asking. \SEM32
    is a naming convention to indicate a semaphore.
    You will have to reinvent the equivalent functionality on the dark side.

+ Reply to Thread