SeaMonkey & Fonts - OS2

This is a discussion on SeaMonkey & Fonts - OS2 ; I just installed SeaMonkey to replace OS2 WebBrowser and had a few of issues that might be addressed here: (1) Initally, it did not start. I had all libs in place. I then used the "RUN" utility and it started. ...

  1. SeaMonkey & Fonts

    I just installed SeaMonkey to replace OS2 WebBrowser and had a few of
    issues that might be addressed here:

    (1) Initally, it did not start. I had all libs in place. I then
    used the "RUN" utility and it started. That must mean that there are
    some directory/library conflicts. Where would you start? I am not
    trying to run SeaMonkey concurrently with any other browser.

    (2) When I installed Innotek's font stuff for OpenOffice - it
    markedly improved the fonts in the OS2WebBrowser. I notice Seamonkey
    could use a similiar font help - How would I go about this? Can I
    just move some files over to SeaMonkey directories?

    (3) Plugins - the way I handled plugins was to simply copy
    OS2WebBrowser Plugins over to the SeaMonkey directory. This seems to
    work OK. Is it OK? (Java, Flash 7, Acrobat 5.1 - I think that is
    all??)

    (4) Any other helpful info for my transition would be appreciated

    INFO: System OS/2 MCP2 FixPk4 and other updates applied

    Thanks,
    Paul
    --

  2. Re: SeaMonkey & Fonts

    On 11/29/07 04:07 pm, PaulRS wrote:
    > I just installed SeaMonkey to replace OS2 WebBrowser and had a few of
    > issues that might be addressed here:
    >
    > (1) Initally, it did not start. I had all libs in place. I then
    > used the "RUN" utility and it started. That must mean that there are
    > some directory/library conflicts. Where would you start? I am not
    > trying to run SeaMonkey concurrently with any other browser.

    You need to remove all references to OS2Webbrowser from config.sys,
    especially libpath. After rebooting you won't need RUN! unless you want
    to run os2webbrowser, firefox etc at the same time.

    > (2) When I installed Innotek's font stuff for OpenOffice - it
    > markedly improved the fonts in the OS2WebBrowser. I notice Seamonkey
    > could use a similiar font help - How would I go about this? Can I
    > just move some files over to SeaMonkey directories?

    Fire up regedit2 and search for OS2WebBrowser and replace (or add) with
    Seamonkey. I forget the actual key name . You can also add other
    apps here for similar effects.

    > (3) Plugins - the way I handled plugins was to simply copy
    > OS2WebBrowser Plugins over to the SeaMonkey directory. This seems to
    > work OK. Is it OK? (Java, Flash 7, Acrobat 5.1 - I think that is
    > all??)

    Simpler is to create a plugins directoy and add SET
    MOZ_PLUGINS=x:\path\to\plugins. Replacing path with the real path of
    course. This way all mozilla apps can share the plugins. What you did
    also works fine.

    > (4) Any other helpful info for my transition would be appreciated

    Go here, http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html, read and bookmark
    it. It is also a good idea to subscribe to

    > INFO: System OS/2 MCP2 FixPk4 and other updates applied
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Paul

    Dave

  3. Re: SeaMonkey & Fonts

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 00:54:00 UTC, Dave Yeo
    wrote:

    > On 11/29/07 04:07 pm, PaulRS wrote:
    > > I just installed SeaMonkey to replace OS2 WebBrowser and had a few of
    > > issues that might be addressed here:
    > >
    > > (1) Initally, it did not start. I had all libs in place. I then
    > > used the "RUN" utility and it started. That must mean that there are
    > > some directory/library conflicts. Where would you start? I am not
    > > trying to run SeaMonkey concurrently with any other browser.

    > You need to remove all references to OS2Webbrowser from config.sys,
    > especially libpath. After rebooting you won't need RUN! unless you want
    > to run os2webbrowser, firefox etc at the same time.
    > >
    > > (2) When I installed Innotek's font stuff for OpenOffice - it
    > > markedly improved the fonts in the OS2WebBrowser. I notice Seamonkey
    > > could use a similiar font help - How would I go about this? Can I
    > > just move some files over to SeaMonkey directories?

    > Fire up regedit2 and search for OS2WebBrowser and replace (or add) with
    > Seamonkey. I forget the actual key name . You can also add other
    > apps here for similar effects.
    > >
    > > (3) Plugins - the way I handled plugins was to simply copy
    > > OS2WebBrowser Plugins over to the SeaMonkey directory. This seems to
    > > work OK. Is it OK? (Java, Flash 7, Acrobat 5.1 - I think that is
    > > all??)

    > Simpler is to create a plugins directoy and add SET
    > MOZ_PLUGINS=x:\path\to\plugins. Replacing path with the real path of
    > course. This way all mozilla apps can share the plugins. What you did
    > also works fine.
    > >
    > > (4) Any other helpful info for my transition would be appreciated

    > Go here, http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html, read and bookmark
    > it. It is also a good idea to subscribe to
    > >

    > > INFO: System OS/2 MCP2 FixPk4 and other updates applied
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Paul

    > Dave

    Thanks! I had decided to keep OS/2WebBrowser for a while. I
    discovered that I had not begun my LIBPATH statement with a period
    (. - I understand that this makes programs starts to look for their
    libraries in the directory of the program being run. Adding the
    "period" solved the problem of running either SeaMonkey or OS/2Web
    Browser without "RUN!" Thanks again - fonts are solved too.

    --

  4. Re: SeaMonkey & Fonts

    Paul,

    Where did you get Flash 7 from?

    TIA
    Rich W.

    PaulRS wrote:

    > (3) Plugins - the way I handled plugins was to simply copy
    > OS2WebBrowser Plugins over to the SeaMonkey directory. This seems to
    > work OK. Is it OK? (Java, Flash 7, Acrobat 5.1 - I think that is
    > all??)

  5. Re: SeaMonkey & Fonts

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 01:57:56 UTC, Rich Wonneberger
    wrote:

    > Paul,
    >
    > Where did you get Flash 7 from?
    >
    > TIA
    > Rich W.
    >
    > PaulRS wrote:
    > >
    > > (3) Plugins - the way I handled plugins was to simply copy
    > > OS2WebBrowser Plugins over to the SeaMonkey directory. This seems to
    > > work OK. Is it OK? (Java, Flash 7, Acrobat 5.1 - I think that is
    > > all??)

    Go to

    http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html

    Go down the list to the "plugins." It is there. It is only the
    plugin and not a full Flash product like the Innotek Flash 5. It does
    work currently with sites like "youtube." However, with newer sites
    using flash 9 I get sound, but no video. (There is a modification
    that allows it to report flash 9)

    --

  6. Re: SeaMonkey & Fonts

    On 12/01/07 08:13 pm, PaulRS wrote:
    > On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 01:57:56 UTC, Rich Wonneberger
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Paul,
    >>
    >> Where did you get Flash 7 from?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> Rich W.
    >>
    >> PaulRS wrote:
    >>> (3) Plugins - the way I handled plugins was to simply copy
    >>> OS2WebBrowser Plugins over to the SeaMonkey directory. This seems to
    >>> work OK. Is it OK? (Java, Flash 7, Acrobat 5.1 - I think that is
    >>> all??)
    >>>

    > Go to
    >
    > http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html
    >
    > Go down the list to the "plugins." It is there. It is only the
    > plugin and not a full Flash product like the Innotek Flash 5. It does
    > work currently with sites like "youtube." However, with newer sites
    > using flash 9 I get sound, but no video. (There is a modification
    > that allows it to report flash 9)

    There are workarounds to use mplayer, warpvision or kmp to view the
    newest flash videos. The trick is to get the URL. One method for
    Seamonkey is to install mediaplayerconnectivity (google is your friend).
    There are also scripts out there and I use privoxy and can often get the
    URL from the log file. Still takes effort.
    Dave

  7. Re: SeaMonkey & Fonts

    Paul,

    Got it.
    Thanks
    Rich W.

    PaulRS wrote:

    > Go to
    >
    > http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html
    >
    > Go down the list to the "plugins." It is there. It is only the

  8. Re: SeaMonkey & Fonts

    Paul,

    Installed with the flash ad blocker and working.
    Thanks again.

    Rich W.

    PaulRS wrote:
    > Go to
    >
    > http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html
    >
    > Go down the list to the "plugins." It is there. It is only the
    > plugin and not a full Flash product like the Innotek Flash 5. It does
    > work currently with sites like "youtube." However, with newer sites
    > using flash 9 I get sound, but no video. (There is a modification
    > that allows it to report flash 9)

+ Reply to Thread