Converting IBMWorks files - OS2

This is a discussion on Converting IBMWorks files - OS2 ; After using OS/2 since ver. 2 I finally decided to give up. I am managing hundreds of *NIX machines and to take care of my sole installation of eCS1.1 is taking too big a chunk of my time. The problem ...

  1. Converting IBMWorks files

    After using OS/2 since ver. 2 I finally decided to give up. I am managing
    hundreds of *NIX machines and to take care of my sole installation of
    eCS1.1 is taking too big a chunk of my time.

    The problem with the conversion however is the amount of my files generated
    in various different formats.

    I would appreciate any advice concerning the following questions:

    1.
    Is there a utility that would convert word processing and database files
    generated in IBMWorks to anything correctly readable by OpenOffice in bulk?
    I can convert files one by one but the amount of work involved would be
    staggering.

    2.
    Are there any bulk converters for files generated in Lotus Word Pro and
    Lotus Organizer?

    Thanks
    Frank

    P.S. I will continue to participate in OS2 Team at distributed.net

  2. Re: Converting IBMWorks files

    On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:21:04 -0500, FEEB wrote:

    > Are there any bulk converters for files generated in Lotus Word Pro and
    > Lotus Organizer?

    IBM/Lotus Symphony (beta) opens Wordpro files just fine. I don't have
    any Organiser files to try out though. It's a bit slow and clunky at
    the moment though.

    Wayne

    --
    Registered Linux user #375994