Re: Saucerhead invasion of Demon Local - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Saucerhead invasion of Demon Local - OS2 ; chatnoir wrote: > Has observing the universe hastened its end? > 22 November 2007 > Marcus Chown > Magazine issue 2631 > Have we hastened the demise of the universe by looking at it? That's > the startling question posed ...

  1. Re: Saucerhead invasion of Demon Local

    chatnoir wrote:

    > Has observing the universe hastened its end?
    > Marcus Chown
    > Magazine issue 2631
    > Have we hastened the demise of the universe by looking at it? That's
    > the startling question posed by a pair of physicists, who suggest that
    > we may have accidentally nudged the universe closer to its death by
    > observing dark energy, which is thought to be speeding up cosmic
    > expansion.
    >
    > Lawrence Krauss of Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio,
    > and colleague James Dent suggest that by making this observation in
    > 1998 we may have caused the universe to revert to a state similar to
    > early in its history, when it was more likely to end. "Incredible as
    > it seems, our detection of the dark energy may have reduced the life-
    > expectancy of the universe," says Krauss.
    >
    > The researchers came to their conclusion by calculating how the energy
    > state of our universe might have evolved. Until recently, cosmologists
    > thought that the big bang 13.7 billion years ago occurred after a
    > bubble of ...

    Bubble off. Preferably this year, or soon at least. This NG will not go
    away 'cos you've nothing better to do than post crap. I've 24 in my
    killfiles now, ready for hundreds more......

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 000769-0, 27/08/2007
    Tested on: 11/23/2007 01:22:38

  2. Re: Saucerhead invasion of Demon Local

    "nospam" <"chris(nospam)lovett"@f2s.com> wrote in message
    > chatnoir wrote:
    >
    >> Has observing the universe hastened its end?
    >> Marcus Chown
    >> Magazine issue 2631
    >> Have we hastened the demise of the universe by looking at it? That's
    >> the startling question posed by a pair of physicists, who suggest that
    >> we may have accidentally nudged the universe closer to its death by
    >> observing dark energy, which is thought to be speeding up cosmic
    >> expansion.
    >>
    >> Lawrence Krauss of Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio,
    >> and colleague James Dent suggest that by making this observation in
    >> 1998 we may have caused the universe to revert to a state similar to
    >> early in its history, when it was more likely to end. "Incredible as
    >> it seems, our detection of the dark energy may have reduced the life-
    >> expectancy of the universe," says Krauss.
    >>
    >> The researchers came to their conclusion by calculating how the energy
    >> state of our universe might have evolved. Until recently, cosmologists
    >> thought that the big bang 13.7 billion years ago occurred after a
    >> bubble of ...

    > Bubble off. Preferably this year, or soon at least. This NG will not go
    > away 'cos you've nothing better to do than post crap. I've 24 in my
    > killfiles now, ready for hundreds more......

    Thank you for the helpful reminder - I almost forgot to change my ID card
    this morning. Could you let me know if you get this OK, please?

  3. Re: Saucerhead invasion of Demon Local

    "Rage Coldfield" wrote in

    > "nospam" <"chris(nospam)lovett"@f2s.com> wrote in message
    >> chatnoir wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has observing the universe hastened its end?
    >>> Marcus Chown
    >>> Magazine issue 2631
    >>> Have we hastened the demise of the universe by looking at it? That's
    >>> the startling question posed by a pair of physicists, who suggest
    >>> that we may have accidentally nudged the universe closer to its
    >>> death by observing dark energy, which is thought to be speeding up
    >>> cosmic expansion.
    >>>
    >>> Lawrence Krauss of Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland,
    >>> Ohio, and colleague James Dent suggest that by making this
    >>> observation in 1998 we may have caused the universe to revert to a
    >>> state similar to early in its history, when it was more likely to
    >>> end. "Incredible as it seems, our detection of the dark energy may
    >>> have reduced the life- expectancy of the universe," says Krauss.
    >>>
    >>> The researchers came to their conclusion by calculating how the
    >>> energy state of our universe might have evolved. Until recently,
    >>> cosmologists thought that the big bang 13.7 billion years ago
    >>> occurred after a bubble of ...

    >> Bubble off. Preferably this year, or soon at least. This NG will not
    >> go away 'cos you've nothing better to do than post crap. I've 24 in
    >> my killfiles now, ready for hundreds more......

    > Thank you for the helpful reminder - I almost forgot to change my ID
    > card this morning. Could you let me know if you get this OK, please?

    Wotchit, them ID's will get into the wrong hands.

  4. Re: Saucerhead invasion of Demon Local

    "Jim Way" wrote in

    > "Phil Kyle" wrote in message
    > news:fi83cn$gju$25@blackhelicopter.databasix.com.. .
    >> "Rage Coldfield" wrote in
    >>

    >>> "nospam" <"chris(nospam)lovett"@f2s.com> wrote in message

    >>> Thank you for the helpful reminder - I almost forgot to change my ID
    >>> card this morning. Could you let me know if you get this OK, please?
    >>>

    >> Wotchit, them ID's will get into the wrong hands.

    > I've got 25,000,000 of 'em to play with. I'm using a new one today.

    Where'd you get them from?