Urgent Need for OS/2 Printer Driver - OS2

This is a discussion on Urgent Need for OS/2 Printer Driver - OS2 ; I'm in urgent need of an OS/2 driver for a Hewlett-Packard LaserJet P2015/P2015d printer. After 15+ years of reliable service, my HP LaserJet IIIP printer finally succumbed to old age ... ~:-( A new HP LaserJet P2015d was subsequently purchased ...

  1. Urgent Need for OS/2 Printer Driver

    I'm in urgent need of an OS/2 driver for a Hewlett-Packard
    LaserJet P2015/P2015d printer.

    After 15+ years of reliable service, my HP LaserJet IIIP
    printer finally succumbed to old age ... ~:-(

    A new HP LaserJet P2015d was subsequently purchased directly
    from HP after checking the specs which indicated support for
    OS/2, in addition to the Windows/Mac platforms. Confirmed by
    the HP Small & Medium Business group from whom the printer
    was purchased. There was also further agreement that if OS/2
    support was not satisfactory, the printer could be returned
    for a full refund.

    Unfortunately, the published online spec sheet was incorrect:
    There is no HP support for OS/2, and Linux is rather limited.
    Otherwise, the printer is really superb. Before returning it,
    I'm trying to find an OS/2 driver somewhere in the world which
    might be available. So far, no luck!

    If anyone has an HP LaserJet P2015/P2015d which prints under
    OS/2 (or eCS); or knows where an OS/2 driver can be found,
    PLEASE respond back to me just as soon as possible. There is
    only very short time left for me to return the printer to HP.
    I will be most grateful for your prompt assistance.

    Many thanks in advance.

    Larry Lavins
    Leader, Philadelphia Alternate Systems User Group

  2. Re: Urgent Need for OS/2 Printer Driver

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:56:37 UTC, "Larry Lavins"
    wrote:

    > I'm in urgent need of an OS/2 driver for a Hewlett-Packard
    > LaserJet P2015/P2015d printer.
    >
    > After 15+ years of reliable service, my HP LaserJet IIIP
    > printer finally succumbed to old age ... ~:-(
    >
    > A new HP LaserJet P2015d was subsequently purchased directly
    > from HP after checking the specs which indicated support for
    > OS/2, in addition to the Windows/Mac platforms. Confirmed by
    > the HP Small & Medium Business group from whom the printer
    > was purchased. There was also further agreement that if OS/2
    > support was not satisfactory, the printer could be returned
    > for a full refund.
    >
    > Unfortunately, the published online spec sheet was incorrect:
    > There is no HP support for OS/2, and Linux is rather limited.
    > Otherwise, the printer is really superb. Before returning it,
    > I'm trying to find an OS/2 driver somewhere in the world which
    > might be available. So far, no luck!
    >
    > If anyone has an HP LaserJet P2015/P2015d which prints under
    > OS/2 (or eCS); or knows where an OS/2 driver can be found,
    > PLEASE respond back to me just as soon as possible. There is
    > only very short time left for me to return the printer to HP.
    > I will be most grateful for your prompt assistance.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Larry Lavins
    > Leader, Philadelphia Alternate Systems User Group

    Have you tried any of the Generic Drivers? I have both an Epson Laser
    and a Brother copier with printer options that do work under several
    of the more generic laser drivers. These are B & W lasers.
    --

  3. Re: Urgent Need for OS/2 Printer Driver

    On Nov 21, 2:56 pm, "Larry Lavins" wrote:

    > If anyone has an HP LaserJet P2015/P2015d which prints under
    > OS/2 (or eCS); or knows where an OS/2 driver can be found,
    > PLEASE respond back to me just as soon as possible. There is
    > only very short time left for me to return the printer to HP.
    > I will be most grateful for your prompt assistance.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Larry Lavins
    > Leader, Philadelphia Alternate Systems User Group

    fwiw this HP1300 LJ used to work just fine with the LJ1200 driver --
    in all likelihood it's just a matter of installing & trying.

    -rafe t.

+ Reply to Thread