Do you use eComStation and OS/2 Warp at home? - OS2

This is a discussion on Do you use eComStation and OS/2 Warp at home? - OS2 ; Do you use eComStation and OS/2 Warp at home? -- http://ecomstation.ru/poll.php?action=show&id=25 We are going publish an overview with the results of the poll (write in comments more details and notify us can we use your name as a source) * ...

  1. Do you use eComStation and OS/2 Warp at home?

    Do you use eComStation and OS/2 Warp at home? --
    http://ecomstation.ru/poll.php?action=show&id=25
    We are going publish an overview with the results of the poll (write
    in comments more details and notify us can we use your name as a
    source)

    * yes, several computers with eCS, the whole family is using
    * yes, several computers, the whole family, but many problems
    * yes, 1 computer, the whole family is using eCS
    * yes, 1 computer, i am using eCS alone
    * no, the system is unusable for home

    (Don't forget input anti-spam 6-digits CODE: below the list of
    answers)

  2. Re: Do you use eComStation and OS/2 Warp at home?

    Here in comp.os.os2.ecomstation, eugenegorbunoff@mail.ru spake unto us, saying:

    >* yes, several computers with eCS, the whole family is using
    >* yes, several computers, the whole family, but many problems
    >* yes, 1 computer, the whole family is using eCS
    >* yes, 1 computer, i am using eCS alone
    >* no, the system is unusable for home

    These are not comprehensive choices.

    I use three computers (two with OS/2, one with eCS), as well as a mix
    of other Windows and Linux machines, and I have no issues, but my wife
    is a Win2k person currently and doesn't use OS/2 (she has no problems).

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  3. Re: Do you use eComStation and OS/2 Warp at home?

    Richard Steiner wrote:
    > Here in comp.os.os2.ecomstation, eugenegorbunoff@mail.ru spake unto us, saying:
    >
    >>* yes, several computers with eCS, the whole family is using
    >>* yes, several computers, the whole family, but many problems
    >>* yes, 1 computer, the whole family is using eCS
    >>* yes, 1 computer, i am using eCS alone
    >>* no, the system is unusable for home

    > These are not comprehensive choices.
    >
    > I use three computers (two with OS/2, one with eCS), as well as a mix
    > of other Windows and Linux machines, and I have no issues, but my wife
    > is a Win2k person currently and doesn't use OS/2 (she has no problems).

    Agreed. I use it at home myself without issues. But my friends also
    use it as a file server and web server indirectly.

  4. Re: Do you use eComStation and OS/2 Warp at home?

    eugenegorbunoff@mail.ru wrote:
    > Do you use eComStation and OS/2 Warp at home? --
    > http://ecomstation.ru/poll.php?action=show&id=25
    > We are going publish an overview with the results of the poll (write
    > in comments more details and notify us can we use your name as a
    > source)
    >
    > * yes, several computers with eCS, the whole family is using
    > * yes, several computers, the whole family, but many problems
    > * yes, 1 computer, the whole family is using eCS
    > * yes, 1 computer, i am using eCS alone
    > * no, the system is unusable for home
    >
    > (Don't forget input anti-spam 6-digits CODE: below the list of
    > answers)

    I use only eCS (1.2) and have a backup tower for
    when my home computer breaks down. I never used
    Windows, only OS/2 and gave up on Linux a few years
    back when my internal modem was not permitted for
    connection to the internet. I never really went
    into operating systems. My expertise dates to
    around 1955 when I received lessons from Fred
    Gruenberger at the U. of Wisconsin using IBM
    cards. Others usually wired my boards to be used
    with CPC (card programmed computer). Later I
    used Autocoder on the IBM 1401, then PL/1 and
    now exclusively APL.

+ Reply to Thread