SCSI backup question - OS2

This is a discussion on SCSI backup question - OS2 ; Can BA2K (server Pro) be used for SCSI backup work with a SCSI hard drive, as opposed to a SCSI DAT tape drive? Could I use a SCSI mobile drive tray with a SCSI hard drive in it, as opposed ...

  1. SCSI backup question

    Can BA2K (server Pro) be used for SCSI backup work with a SCSI hard drive, as
    opposed to a SCSI DAT tape drive? Could I use a SCSI mobile drive tray with a
    SCSI hard drive in it, as opposed to the DAT drive, have BA2K recognize that
    device during the CONFIG.SYS run, then 'format' it like it does each tape and
    get this completely away from SCSI DAT tape drives.

    Inquiring mind wants to know.

    Thanks!

    --

    --> Sleep well; OS2's still awake!

    Mike Luther

  2. Re: SCSI backup question

    On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:03:05 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.storage, Mike Luther
    wrote:

    > Can BA2K (server Pro) be used for SCSI backup work with a SCSI hard drive, as
    > opposed to a SCSI DAT tape drive? Could I use a SCSI mobile drive tray with a
    > SCSI hard drive in it, as opposed to the DAT drive, have BA2K recognize that
    > device during the CONFIG.SYS run, then 'format' it like it does each tape and
    > get this completely away from SCSI DAT tape drives.

    BackAgain/2 has a 2GB limitation on disk based backup output files. Thus making
    it effectively useless for this purpose.

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

+ Reply to Thread