dual port lan card - OS2

This is a discussion on dual port lan card - OS2 ; Has anyone gotten a dual port lan card working in os2? I managed to "liberate" a new intel pro/100+ dual port lan card from the trash of a failed local tech startup, and thought it would be a nice replacement ...

  1. dual port lan card

    Has anyone gotten a dual port lan card working in os2?
    I managed to "liberate" a new intel pro/100+ dual port lan card from the
    trash of a failed local tech startup, and thought it would be a nice
    replacement for my 3c905b (cablemodem) and linksys lne100tx (local lan)
    cards.. I just don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get it
    to work in os/2 if nobody else has..

  2. Re: dual port lan card

    Hi,

    dinkmeister schrieb:

    > Has anyone gotten a dual port lan card working in os2?
    > I managed to "liberate" a new intel pro/100+ dual port lan card from the

    This model should be supported with NDIS drivers.
    > trash of a failed local tech startup, and thought it would be a nice
    > replacement for my 3c905b (cablemodem) and linksys lne100tx (local lan)
    > cards.. I just don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get it
    > to work in os/2 if nobody else has..

    Typically these cards have a PCI-to-PCI-bridge chip and two network
    chips.
    You have to install the same driver 2 times in MPTS (for each port).

    Regards,
    Andreas Kohl

  3. Re: dual port lan card

    thanks, I'll give it a try

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:22:00 +0100, Andreas Kohl wrote:

    :Hi,
    :
    :dinkmeister schrieb:
    :>
    :> Has anyone gotten a dual port lan card working in os2?
    :> I managed to "liberate" a new intel pro/100+ dual port lan card from the
    :This model should be supported with NDIS drivers.
    :> trash of a failed local tech startup, and thought it would be a nice
    :> replacement for my 3c905b (cablemodem) and linksys lne100tx (local lan)
    :> cards.. I just don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get it
    :> to work in os/2 if nobody else has..
    :Typically these cards have a PCI-to-PCI-bridge chip and two network
    :chips.
    :You have to install the same driver 2 times in MPTS (for each port).
    :
    :Regards,
    :Andreas Kohl

+ Reply to Thread