    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notable..._personalities

    Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?

    Thanks,
    Don

  2. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    Don Salad wrote:
    >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notable..._personalities
    >
    >Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?

    a), I wrote my FAQ (the reference at the bottom) over 12 years ago, and he
    wasn't there then;
    ii), he doesn't HAVE a personality, as far as anyone can tell,
    and
    3) the only reason he's still in a.r.k, as near as I can tell, is because
    Risto Karkkunen (sp?) keeps us in the headers in his endless replies. I for
    one am Allowed to say I would rather he stopped that, though he is of course
    Allowed to continue it as long as he wants to.

    Dave
    Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeable

  3. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    David DeLaney writes:

    > Don Salad wrote:

    >> Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?

    > a), I wrote my FAQ (the reference at the bottom) over 12 years ago, and he
    > wasn't there then;

    What does that have to do with classical music, DeLaney?

    > ii), he doesn't HAVE a personality, as far as anyone can tell,

    Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim. Rather ironic to boot.

    > and
    > 3) the only reason he's still in a.r.k, as near as I can tell, is because
    > Risto Karkkunen (sp?) keeps us in the headers in his endless replies.

    Yet another person who doesn't understand the meaning of the word
    "endless". Get a dictionary, DeLaney. Then consider the fact that
    you kept a.r.k in the header and triggered a response from me.

    > I for one am Allowed to say I would rather he stopped that, though
    > he is of course Allowed to continue it as long as he wants to.

    What does that have to do with classical music, DeLaney?

  4. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    Don Salad writes:

    > Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?

    What does your question have to do with classical music, Salad?

    Maybe someone should create a list of Usenet personalities who disrupt
    newsgroups by starting off-topic, cross-posted threads the way you just
    did, Salad.

  5. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote in

    >> and
    >> 3) the only reason he's still in a.r.k, as near as I can tell, is
    >> because Risto Karkkunen (sp?) keeps us in the headers in his endless
    >> replies.

    > Yet another person who doesn't understand the meaning of the word
    > "endless". Get a dictionary, DeLaney. Then consider the fact that
    > you kept a.r.k in the header and triggered a response from me.

    FTW!

    -phy

  6. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    phy wrote:

    >tholen@antispam.ham wrote in
    >
    >>> and
    >>> 3) the only reason he's still in a.r.k, as near as I can tell, is
    >>> because Risto Karkkunen (sp?) keeps us in the headers in his endless
    >>> replies.

    >> Yet another person who doesn't understand the meaning of the word
    >> "endless". Get a dictionary, DeLaney. Then consider the fact that
    >> you kept a.r.k in the header and triggered a response from me.

    >FTW!
    >
    >-phy

    Poor Tholen -- Octanews still isn't propagating his alleged "posts". I
    have to open Supernews to keep up on the latest digests.

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  7. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    On Nov 11, 10:45 am, Don Salad wrote:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notable..._personalities
    >
    > Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Don

    What about me? No, just kidding, that's a stupid joke.

    I went to go look though, with that joke in mind, and hey, Kibo is
    there. That made smile. I don't know why it should, though,
    considering that I have no idea who he is, or was, and what he's all
    about.

    Man, this Barbara chick. Is she vicious or what.

    I gots to watch out for some of deez Kibologists.

    Actually, I have to be careful wherever I go, someone's got it in for
    me.

    Now I'm afraid they are going to hunt me down.

    Well, whatever.

    Just wanted to say that I think it's cool that Kibo is there, even
    though I don't know diddly about who he is or anything. I thought
    Kibology was a good thing. But the way some of the fighting goes on in
    here, well, I'm not so sure anymore.

    I have been thinking of abandoning Kibology, but it's hard. I'm
    hanging on.... We're all people....there's got to be some connection
    here...something good....something positive....

    Well, that's all folks.

    Ok, bye.

  8. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    On Nov 12, 9:04 pm, Rachel wrote:
    > On Nov 11, 10:45 am, Don Salad wrote:
    >
    > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notable..._personalities

    > > Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Don

    > What about me? No, just kidding, that's a stupid joke.
    >
    > I went to go look though, with that joke in mind, and hey, Kibo is
    > there. That made smile. I don't know why it should, though,
    > considering that I have no idea who he is, or was, and what he's all
    > about.
    >
    > Man, this Barbara chick. Is she vicious or what.
    >
    > I gots to watch out for some of deez Kibologists.
    >
    > Actually, I have to be careful wherever I go, someone's got it in for
    > me.
    >
    > Now I'm afraid they are going to hunt me down.
    >
    > Well, whatever.
    >
    > Just wanted to say that I think it's cool that Kibo is there, even
    > though I don't know diddly about who he is or anything. I thought
    > Kibology was a good thing. But the way some of the fighting goes on in
    > here, well, I'm not so sure anymore.
    >
    > I have been thinking of abandoning Kibology, but it's hard. I'm
    > hanging on.... We're all people....there's got to be some connection
    > here...something good....something positive....
    >
    > Well, that's all folks.
    >
    > Ok, bye.

    I did a tiny bit of clicking and looking, and I was truly touched to
    learn that out of respect for mental illness, people aren't chosen to
    be listed as major kooks, even though once I was nominated for kook of
    the month.

    I don't know what a kook is, really.

    This Internet is so overwhelming, there is just no place to start.
    There is no beginning. What am I supposed to do? With all the links,
    it's not like there is a beginning, a middle, and an end.

    I dunno. I'm kinda lost. I'm relying on the kindness of strangers.
    It's not working very well. People get jealous, and pissed off, what
    right do *I* have to prance around the Internet, or Usenet, without
    reading the rules, and that all my illnesses are imaginary, and I
    should get a job like everybody else.

    Sign me,
    No Direction Home

  9. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    On Nov 12, 9:17 pm, Rachel wrote:
    > On Nov 12, 9:04 pm, Rachel wrote:
    >

    > > On Nov 11, 10:45 am, Don Salad wrote:

    > > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notable..._personalities

    > > > Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?

    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Don

    > > What about me? No, just kidding, that's a stupid joke.

    > > I went to go look though, with that joke in mind, and hey, Kibo is
    > > there. That made smile. I don't know why it should, though,
    > > considering that I have no idea who he is, or was, and what he's all
    > > about.

    > > Man, this Barbara chick. Is she vicious or what.

    > > I gots to watch out for some of deez Kibologists.

    > > Actually, I have to be careful wherever I go, someone's got it in for
    > > me.

    > > Now I'm afraid they are going to hunt me down.

    > > Well, whatever.

    > > Just wanted to say that I think it's cool that Kibo is there, even
    > > though I don't know diddly about who he is or anything. I thought
    > > Kibology was a good thing. But the way some of the fighting goes on in
    > > here, well, I'm not so sure anymore.

    > > I have been thinking of abandoning Kibology, but it's hard. I'm
    > > hanging on.... We're all people....there's got to be some connection
    > > here...something good....something positive....

    > > Well, that's all folks.

    > > Ok, bye.

    > I did a tiny bit of clicking and looking, and I was truly touched to
    > learn that out of respect for mental illness, people aren't chosen to
    > be listed as major kooks, even though once I was nominated for kook of
    > the month.
    >
    > I don't know what a kook is, really.
    >
    > This Internet is so overwhelming, there is just no place to start.
    > There is no beginning. What am I supposed to do? With all the links,
    > it's not like there is a beginning, a middle, and an end.
    >
    > I dunno. I'm kinda lost. I'm relying on the kindness of strangers.
    > It's not working very well. People get jealous, and pissed off, what
    > right do *I* have to prance around the Internet, or Usenet, without
    > reading the rules, and that all my illnesses are imaginary, and I
    > should get a job like everybody else.
    >
    > Sign me,
    > No Direction Home- Hide quoted text -

    Btw, I am not a good person. I am a very selfish person and I want to
    be able to do whatever I want to do without anybody stopping me. I am
    fat and lazy. I am really a low life.

    I guess I'll never get a post from Kibo.

    Rats.

    Hey Barbara, could you lighten up a little? I experience trauma on a
    regular basis. I'm just trying to have fun.

  10. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:30:53 -0800, Rachel wrote:
    >Btw, I am not a good person. I am a very selfish person and I want to
    >be able to do whatever I want to do without anybody stopping me. I am
    >fat and lazy. I am really a low life.

    Not to worry! I'm sure you're climbing higher up the Ladder Of Hate
    faster than you can ever know!

    ČR < grim stove clock, and always had a doggerel chimera around his neck. He
    had dank hams and was ill and I think he ate his own pears teh enb.>> ČR

  11. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    Don Salad wrote:

    >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notable..._personalities
    >
    >Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?

    Tholoon should definately be on the list, IMO.

  12. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    dizzy writes:

    > Don Salad wrote:

    >> Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?

    > Tholoon should definately be on the list, IMO.

    Who is "Tholoon", dizzy? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    that alias.

  13. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    tholen tholed:

    >dizzy writes:
    >
    >> Don Salad wrote:

    >>> Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?

    >> Tholoon should definately be on the list, IMO.

    >Who is "Tholoon", dizzy? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    >that alias.

    On what basis do you make that claim, tholen?

  14. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    wrote:

    >dizzy writes:
    >
    >> Don Salad wrote:

    >>> Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?

    >> Tholoon should definately be on the list, IMO.

    >Who is "Tholoon", dizzy? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    >that alias.

    he quoted your post, mr. tholen.

    --
    02D2D2

  15. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    "tholeln@antispam.hom" wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>dizzy writes:

    >>> Tholoon should definately be on the list, IMO.

    >>Who is "Tholoon", dizzy? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    >>that alias.

    >he quoted your post, mr. tholen.

    Who is "mr. tholen", tholeln? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    that alias.

  16. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    On Nov 14, 9:42 pm, Archie Leach wrote:
    > "thol...@antispam.hom" wrote:
    > > wrote:

    > >>Who is "Tholoon", dizzy? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    > >>that alias.

    > >he quoted your post, mr. tholen.

    > Who is "mr. tholen", tholeln? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    > that alias.

    Slow kook night?

  17. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    Archie Leach wrote:

    >"tholeln@antispam.hom" wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>>Who is "Tholoon", dizzy? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    >>>that alias.

    >>he quoted your post, mr. tholen.

    >Who is "mr. tholen", tholeln? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    >that alias.

    classic reading comprehension, leach. i clearly replied to mr. tholen
    who replied to dizzy who replied to salad.

    --
    02D2D2

  18. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    marcia wrote:

    >On Nov 14, 9:42 pm, Archie Leach wrote:

    >> >he quoted your post, mr. tholen.

    >> Who is "mr. tholen", tholeln? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    >> that alias.

    >Slow kook night?

    Not any more than any other night. Kooks are by definition slow.

  19. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    dizzy writes:

    > tholen tholed:

    What was allegedly endured while writing, dizzy?

    >>> Tholoon should definately be on the list, IMO.

    >> Who is "Tholoon", dizzy? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    >> that alias.

    > On what basis do you make that claim, tholen?

    What does your question have to do with classical music, dizzy?

  20. Re: Notable Usenet personalities?

    dizzy wrote:
    > Don Salad wrote:
    >
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notable..._personalities
    >>
    >> Shouldn't Dave Tholen be on this list?

    > Tholoon should definately be on the list, IMO.

    Nah, Tholen doesn't have a personality, dizzy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast