iPhone - Big Day For Europe! - OS2

This is a discussion on iPhone - Big Day For Europe! - OS2 ; On Nov 11, 8:31 am, Peter Brown wrote: Hi Petey, Nice try but it was pretty much the same here in the U.S. in front of the AT&T stores back on June 29th when the iPhone was introduced. People go ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

  1. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    On Nov 11, 8:31 am, Peter Brown
    wrote:
    Hi Petey,

    Nice try but it was pretty much the same here in the U.S. in front of
    the AT&T stores back on June 29th when the iPhone was introduced.
    People go to the company that makes the iPhone, Apple, and they stand
    in line there. Would YOU stand in front a "warehouse"? (Well, you
    probably would.) AT&T stores had about 10 iPhones in stock because
    they didn't think it would sell. Apple sold a quarter of a million
    iPhones on the American Launch date and AT&T was overwhelmed with the
    number of new customers.

    For some reason you refuse to look at the video of all those six to
    seven blocks of people standing in line, laughing, chatting, having
    fun waiting for the 6pm Apple doors to open so they could buy the
    iPhone. That's ok and understandable coming from a guy still using a
    dead operating system with not future. In your mind it was staged,
    faked, not real.

    Best of luck to you!

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  2. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    On Nov 11, 4:57 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > On Nov 11, 8:31 am, Peter Brown
    > wrote:
    > Hi Petey,
    >
    > Nice try but it was pretty much the same here in the U.S. in front of
    > the AT&T stores back on June 29th when the iPhone was introduced.
    > People go to the company that makes the iPhone, Apple, and they stand
    > in line there. Would YOU stand in front a "warehouse"? (Well, you
    > probably would.) AT&T stores had about 10 iPhones in stock because
    > they didn't think it would sell. Apple sold a quarter of a million
    > iPhones on the American Launch date and AT&T was overwhelmed with the
    > number of new customers.
    >
    > For some reason you refuse to look at the video of all those six to
    > seven blocks of people standing in line, laughing, chatting, having
    > fun waiting for the 6pm Apple doors to open so they could buy the
    > iPhone. That's ok and understandable coming from a guy still using a
    > dead operating system with not future. In your mind it was staged,
    > faked, not real.
    >
    > Best of luck to you!
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Todayhttp://www.os2guy.com

    As a follow-up, this has just hit the English newspapers: "100,000
    Snap Up New iPhones"

    SALES of the new iPhone are believed to have topped 100,000 in just
    over TWO DAYS. Analysts say Apple could sell a whopping 500,000 of
    the 269 gizmos by Christmas. At the height of the UK frenzy on
    Friday night, more than four per SECOND were being sold at 1,300
    outlets. A spokeswoman for Carphone Warehouse said: "We are really
    pleased. The iPhone will be on most people's Christmas wish list."
    The gadget - including a mobile phone, iPod, camera and web browser -
    is locked to the O2 network in the UK.

    An O2 spokesman said: "We don't have official figures yet, but sales
    are more than exceeding our expectations." Apple has warned that
    trying to unlock the iPhone to use on other networks invalidates its
    warranty.

    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle451486.ece

    Of course, according to "Petey" and the other naysayers this is all
    poppy****.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  3. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    On Nov 11, 4:57 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > On Nov 11, 8:31 am, Peter Brown
    > wrote:
    > Hi Petey,
    >
    > Nice try but it was pretty much the same here in the U.S. in front of
    > the AT&T stores back on June 29th when the iPhone was introduced.
    > People go to the company that makes the iPhone, Apple, and they stand
    > in line there. Would YOU stand in front a "warehouse"? (Well, you
    > probably would.) AT&T stores had about 10 iPhones in stock because
    > they didn't think it would sell. Apple sold a quarter of a million
    > iPhones on the American Launch date and AT&T was overwhelmed with the
    > number of new customers.
    >
    > For some reason you refuse to look at the video of all those six to
    > seven blocks of people standing in line, laughing, chatting, having
    > fun waiting for the 6pm Apple doors to open so they could buy the
    > iPhone. That's ok and understandable coming from a guy still using a
    > dead operating system with not future. In your mind it was staged,
    > faked, not real.
    >
    > Best of luck to you!
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Todayhttp://www.os2guy.com

    As a follow-up, this has just hit the English newspapers: "100,000
    Snap Up New iPhones"

    SALES of the new iPhone are believed to have topped 100,000 in just
    over TWO DAYS. Analysts say Apple could sell a whopping 500,000 of
    the 269 gizmos by Christmas. At the height of the UK frenzy on
    Friday night, more than four per SECOND were being sold at 1,300
    outlets. A spokeswoman for Carphone Warehouse said: "We are really
    pleased. The iPhone will be on most people's Christmas wish list."
    The gadget - including a mobile phone, iPod, camera and web browser -
    is locked to the O2 network in the UK.

    An O2 spokesman said: "We don't have official figures yet, but sales
    are more than exceeding our expectations." Apple has warned that
    trying to unlock the iPhone to use on other networks invalidates its
    warranty.

    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle451486.ece

    Of course, according to "Petey" and the other naysayers this is all
    poppy****.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  4. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    Hi Timmy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > On Nov 11, 4:57 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >> On Nov 11, 8:31 am, Peter Brown
    >> wrote:
    >> Hi Petey,
    >>
    >> Nice try but it was pretty much the same here in the U.S. in front of
    >> the AT&T stores back on June 29th when the iPhone was introduced.
    >> People go to the company that makes the iPhone, Apple, and they stand
    >> in line there. Would YOU stand in front a "warehouse"? (Well, you
    >> probably would.) AT&T stores had about 10 iPhones in stock because
    >> they didn't think it would sell. Apple sold a quarter of a million
    >> iPhones on the American Launch date and AT&T was overwhelmed with the
    >> number of new customers.
    >>
    >> For some reason you refuse to look at the video of all those six to
    >> seven blocks of people standing in line, laughing, chatting, having
    >> fun waiting for the 6pm Apple doors to open so they could buy the
    >> iPhone. That's ok and understandable coming from a guy still using a
    >> dead operating system with not future. In your mind it was staged,
    >> faked, not real.
    >>
    >> Best of luck to you!
    >>
    >> Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    >> Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Todayhttp://www.os2guy.com

    > As a follow-up, this has just hit the English newspapers: "100,000
    > Snap Up New iPhones"
    >
    > SALES of the new iPhone are believed to have topped 100,000 in just
    > over TWO DAYS. Analysts say Apple could sell a whopping 500,000 of
    > the 269 gizmos by Christmas. At the height of the UK frenzy on
    > Friday night, more than four per SECOND were being sold at 1,300
    > outlets. A spokeswoman for Carphone Warehouse said: "We are really
    > pleased. The iPhone will be on most people's Christmas wish list."
    > The gadget - including a mobile phone, iPod, camera and web browser -
    > is locked to the O2 network in the UK.
    >
    > An O2 spokesman said: "We don't have official figures yet, but sales
    > are more than exceeding our expectations." Apple has warned that
    > trying to unlock the iPhone to use on other networks invalidates its
    > warranty.
    >
    > http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle451486.ece
    >
    > Of course, according to "Petey" and the other naysayers this is all
    > poppy****.
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    > http://www.os2guy.com

    Aha!

    The Sun!

    Got to believe it if it was printed in The Sun ;-)

    Timmy, The Sun is printed for people like You ;-)

    Now, Back to your medication :-)

    Pete

  5. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    Hi Timmy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > On Nov 11, 4:57 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >> On Nov 11, 8:31 am, Peter Brown
    >> wrote:
    >> Hi Petey,
    >>
    >> Nice try but it was pretty much the same here in the U.S. in front of
    >> the AT&T stores back on June 29th when the iPhone was introduced.
    >> People go to the company that makes the iPhone, Apple, and they stand
    >> in line there. Would YOU stand in front a "warehouse"? (Well, you
    >> probably would.) AT&T stores had about 10 iPhones in stock because
    >> they didn't think it would sell. Apple sold a quarter of a million
    >> iPhones on the American Launch date and AT&T was overwhelmed with the
    >> number of new customers.
    >>
    >> For some reason you refuse to look at the video of all those six to
    >> seven blocks of people standing in line, laughing, chatting, having
    >> fun waiting for the 6pm Apple doors to open so they could buy the
    >> iPhone. That's ok and understandable coming from a guy still using a
    >> dead operating system with not future. In your mind it was staged,
    >> faked, not real.
    >>
    >> Best of luck to you!
    >>
    >> Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    >> Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Todayhttp://www.os2guy.com

    > As a follow-up, this has just hit the English newspapers: "100,000
    > Snap Up New iPhones"
    >
    > SALES of the new iPhone are believed to have topped 100,000 in just
    > over TWO DAYS. Analysts say Apple could sell a whopping 500,000 of
    > the 269 gizmos by Christmas. At the height of the UK frenzy on
    > Friday night, more than four per SECOND were being sold at 1,300
    > outlets. A spokeswoman for Carphone Warehouse said: "We are really
    > pleased. The iPhone will be on most people's Christmas wish list."
    > The gadget - including a mobile phone, iPod, camera and web browser -
    > is locked to the O2 network in the UK.
    >
    > An O2 spokesman said: "We don't have official figures yet, but sales
    > are more than exceeding our expectations." Apple has warned that
    > trying to unlock the iPhone to use on other networks invalidates its
    > warranty.
    >
    > http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle451486.ece
    >
    > Of course, according to "Petey" and the other naysayers this is all
    > poppy****.
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    > http://www.os2guy.com

    Aha!

    The Sun!

    Got to believe it if it was printed in The Sun ;-)

    Timmy, The Sun is printed for people like You ;-)

    Now, Back to your medication :-)

    Pete

  6. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    Bend over and grab your ankles Petey! This is going to be fun!
    http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2856908.ece

    "O2 says iPhone 'fastest-selling' device ever
    Mobile group fights back against reports that sales of the much-hyped
    gadget are below expectations
    Elizabeth Judge

    O2 sought to dismiss reports that the Apple iPhone is selling at a
    slower than expected pace claiming the device was its "fastest-
    selling" ever.

    Peter Erskine, the chief executive of the mobile group, which is
    Apple's chosen network partner in the UK, said: "It has been the
    fastest-selling device we have ever seen."

    The phone had sold "in the tens of thousands" since its launch on
    Friday, he said."

    They're just making it up, ain't they Petey?

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  7. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

[...]

  8. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    Hi Timmy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Bend over and grab your ankles Petey! This is going to be fun!
    > http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2856908.ece
    >
    > "O2 says iPhone 'fastest-selling' device ever
    > Mobile group fights back against reports that sales of the much-hyped
    > gadget are below expectations
    > Elizabeth Judge
    >
    > O2 sought to dismiss reports that the Apple iPhone is selling at a
    > slower than expected pace claiming the device was its "fastest-
    > selling" ever.
    >
    > Peter Erskine, the chief executive of the mobile group, which is
    > Apple's chosen network partner in the UK, said: "It has been the
    > fastest-selling device we have ever seen."
    >
    > The phone had sold "in the tens of thousands" since its launch on
    > Friday, he said."
    >
    > They're just making it up, ain't they Petey?
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    > http://www.os2guy.com

    The article you refer to also has this:-

    "However the refusal of both O2 and Carphone, the only independent
    retailer to sell the phone, to reveal exact sales figures, has raised
    speculation that the gadget a combined iPod music player, mobile phone
    and internet browser is not living up to expectations.

    Over the weekend sales of the phones were reported to be slower than
    expected at stores in Newcastle, Manchester and Birmingham."

    Also note the difference in the amount of 0s between "tens of thousands"
    quoted in that article and the "100,000 Snap Up New iPhones" you quoted
    in a previous post.

    Believe me, there has not been any mass hysteria in the UK over the sale
    of this gizmo :-)

    Regards

    Pete

  9. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    Hi Timmy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Bend over and grab your ankles Petey! This is going to be fun!
    > http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2856908.ece
    >
    > "O2 says iPhone 'fastest-selling' device ever
    > Mobile group fights back against reports that sales of the much-hyped
    > gadget are below expectations
    > Elizabeth Judge
    >
    > O2 sought to dismiss reports that the Apple iPhone is selling at a
    > slower than expected pace claiming the device was its "fastest-
    > selling" ever.
    >
    > Peter Erskine, the chief executive of the mobile group, which is
    > Apple's chosen network partner in the UK, said: "It has been the
    > fastest-selling device we have ever seen."
    >
    > The phone had sold "in the tens of thousands" since its launch on
    > Friday, he said."
    >
    > They're just making it up, ain't they Petey?
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    > http://www.os2guy.com

    The article you refer to also has this:-

    "However the refusal of both O2 and Carphone, the only independent
    retailer to sell the phone, to reveal exact sales figures, has raised
    speculation that the gadget a combined iPod music player, mobile phone
    and internet browser is not living up to expectations.

    Over the weekend sales of the phones were reported to be slower than
    expected at stores in Newcastle, Manchester and Birmingham."

    Also note the difference in the amount of 0s between "tens of thousands"
    quoted in that article and the "100,000 Snap Up New iPhones" you quoted
    in a previous post.

    Believe me, there has not been any mass hysteria in the UK over the sale
    of this gizmo :-)

    Regards

    Pete

  10. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    On Nov 12, 4:53 pm, Peter Brown
    wrote:
    > Hi Timmy
    >
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >

    > > Bend over and grab your ankles Petey! This is going to be fun!
    > >http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2856908.ece

    > > "O2 says iPhone 'fastest-selling' device ever
    > > Mobile group fights back against reports that sales of the much-hyped
    > > gadget are below expectations
    > > Elizabeth Judge

    > > O2 sought to dismiss reports that the Apple iPhone is selling at a
    > > slower than expected pace claiming the device was its "fastest-
    > > selling" ever.

    > > Peter Erskine, the chief executive of the mobile group, which is
    > > Apple's chosen network partner in the UK, said: "It has been the
    > > fastest-selling device we have ever seen."

    > > The phone had sold "in the tens of thousands" since its launch on
    > > Friday, he said."

    > > They're just making it up, ain't they Petey?

    > > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    > >http://www.os2guy.com

    > The article you refer to also has this:-
    >
    > "However the refusal of both O2 and Carphone, the only independent
    > retailer to sell the phone, to reveal exact sales figures, has raised
    > speculation that the gadget - a combined iPod music player, mobile phone
    > and internet browser - is not living up to expectations.
    >
    > Over the weekend sales of the phones were reported to be slower than
    > expected at stores in Newcastle, Manchester and Birmingham."
    >
    > Also note the difference in the amount of 0s between "tens of thousands"
    > quoted in that article and the "100,000 Snap Up New iPhones" you quoted
    > in a previous post.
    >
    > Believe me, there has not been any mass hysteria in the UK over the sale
    > of this gizmo :-)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Pete

    I never claimed "mass hysteria" , in fact, I said: "Go Britain! Mass
    hysteria? No but successful iPhone Launch? Absolutely" BTW, it was
    some fool named K. Melland who purposely misquoted me hoping to infer
    I made the remark. You obviously fell for it which is par for the
    course here in the OS/2 newsgroups. eCS Lusers have been doing it for
    years.

    The "100,000" is a quote from Sun and not from me. Whether you
    believe Sun or not is beside the point. Your attempts have been, from
    the getgo, to discredit my original post and thus far, all you've done
    is discredit yourself.

    Whether you like it or not the iPhone is a success in Europe and will
    eventually become the gadget to own.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

    > launch? Absolutely.

  11. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    On Nov 12, 4:53 pm, Peter Brown
    wrote:
    > Hi Timmy
    >
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >

    > > Bend over and grab your ankles Petey! This is going to be fun!
    > >http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2856908.ece

    > > "O2 says iPhone 'fastest-selling' device ever
    > > Mobile group fights back against reports that sales of the much-hyped
    > > gadget are below expectations
    > > Elizabeth Judge

    > > O2 sought to dismiss reports that the Apple iPhone is selling at a
    > > slower than expected pace claiming the device was its "fastest-
    > > selling" ever.

    > > Peter Erskine, the chief executive of the mobile group, which is
    > > Apple's chosen network partner in the UK, said: "It has been the
    > > fastest-selling device we have ever seen."

    > > The phone had sold "in the tens of thousands" since its launch on
    > > Friday, he said."

    > > They're just making it up, ain't they Petey?

    > > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    > >http://www.os2guy.com

    > The article you refer to also has this:-
    >
    > "However the refusal of both O2 and Carphone, the only independent
    > retailer to sell the phone, to reveal exact sales figures, has raised
    > speculation that the gadget - a combined iPod music player, mobile phone
    > and internet browser - is not living up to expectations.
    >
    > Over the weekend sales of the phones were reported to be slower than
    > expected at stores in Newcastle, Manchester and Birmingham."
    >
    > Also note the difference in the amount of 0s between "tens of thousands"
    > quoted in that article and the "100,000 Snap Up New iPhones" you quoted
    > in a previous post.
    >
    > Believe me, there has not been any mass hysteria in the UK over the sale
    > of this gizmo :-)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Pete

    I never claimed "mass hysteria" , in fact, I said: "Go Britain! Mass
    hysteria? No but successful iPhone Launch? Absolutely" BTW, it was
    some fool named K. Melland who purposely misquoted me hoping to infer
    I made the remark. You obviously fell for it which is par for the
    course here in the OS/2 newsgroups. eCS Lusers have been doing it for
    years.

    The "100,000" is a quote from Sun and not from me. Whether you
    believe Sun or not is beside the point. Your attempts have been, from
    the getgo, to discredit my original post and thus far, all you've done
    is discredit yourself.

    Whether you like it or not the iPhone is a success in Europe and will
    eventually become the gadget to own.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

    > launch? Absolutely.

  12. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    Dear Timmy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > On Nov 12, 4:53 pm, Peter Brown
    > wrote:
    >> Hi Timmy
    >>
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >>

    >>> Bend over and grab your ankles Petey! This is going to be fun!
    >>> http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2856908.ece
    >>> "O2 says iPhone 'fastest-selling' device ever
    >>> Mobile group fights back against reports that sales of the much-hyped
    >>> gadget are below expectations
    >>> Elizabeth Judge
    >>> O2 sought to dismiss reports that the Apple iPhone is selling at a
    >>> slower than expected pace claiming the device was its "fastest-
    >>> selling" ever.
    >>> Peter Erskine, the chief executive of the mobile group, which is
    >>> Apple's chosen network partner in the UK, said: "It has been the
    >>> fastest-selling device we have ever seen."
    >>> The phone had sold "in the tens of thousands" since its launch on
    >>> Friday, he said."
    >>> They're just making it up, ain't they Petey?
    >>> Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    >>> Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    >>> http://www.os2guy.com

    >> The article you refer to also has this:-
    >>
    >> "However the refusal of both O2 and Carphone, the only independent
    >> retailer to sell the phone, to reveal exact sales figures, has raised
    >> speculation that the gadget - a combined iPod music player, mobile phone
    >> and internet browser - is not living up to expectations.
    >>
    >> Over the weekend sales of the phones were reported to be slower than
    >> expected at stores in Newcastle, Manchester and Birmingham."
    >>
    >> Also note the difference in the amount of 0s between "tens of thousands"
    >> quoted in that article and the "100,000 Snap Up New iPhones" you quoted
    >> in a previous post.
    >>
    >> Believe me, there has not been any mass hysteria in the UK over the sale
    >> of this gizmo :-)
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Pete

    > I never claimed "mass hysteria" , in fact, I said: "Go Britain! Mass
    > hysteria? No but successful iPhone Launch? Absolutely" BTW, it was
    > some fool named K. Melland who purposely misquoted me hoping to infer
    > I made the remark. You obviously fell for it which is par for the
    > course here in the OS/2 newsgroups. eCS Lusers have been doing it for
    > years.
    >
    > The "100,000" is a quote from Sun and not from me. Whether you
    > believe Sun or not is beside the point.

    The Sun is not exactly known for anything remotely approaching accuracy
    and is not a good source to quote from.

    Your attempts have been, from
    > the getgo, to discredit my original post and thus far, all you've done
    > is discredit yourself.

    I disagreed with your claim that "British citizens have been queuing up
    before Apple stores and O2 phone
    stores!"

    My own experience revealed this to be untrue.

    Yes, I do think the video is staged - a simple attempt to try to
    persuade others to join the non-existent queue at the local O2 or Apple
    store.

    > Whether you like it or not the iPhone is a success in Europe

    Not so much in the UK though.

    and will
    > eventually become the gadget to own.

    Well, we all like different toys :-)

    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    > http://www.os2guy.com
    >
    >> launch? Absolutely.

    You really should go back on your medication :-)

    Pete

  13. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    Dear Timmy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
> [...]

    > the getgo, to discredit my original post and thus far, all you've done
    > is discredit yourself.

    I disagreed with your claim that "British citizens have been queuing up
    before Apple stores and O2 phone
    stores!"

    My own experience revealed this to be untrue.

    Yes, I do think the video is staged - a simple attempt to try to
    persuade others to join the non-existent queue at the local O2 or Apple
    store.

    > Whether you like it or not the iPhone is a success in Europe

    Not so much in the UK though.

    and will
    > eventually become the gadget to own.

    Well, we all like different toys :-)

    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    > http://www.os2guy.com
    >
    >> launch? Absolutely.

    You really should go back on your medication :-)

  14. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    In article
    losepeteSPAM-ME-NOT@ntlworld.com "Peter Brown" writes:

    > > The "100,000" is a quote from Sun and not from me. Whether you
    > > believe Sun or not is beside the point.

    > The Sun is not exactly known for anything remotely approaching
    > accuracy and is not a good source to quote from.

    LOL and AOL -- if Timmy thinks The Sun is even worth mentioning
    as a news source, I have a couple of fine bridges and some top-
    quality building land in Florida to sell him. But he's our pet
    troll and I guess we have to take his disabilities as they are.

    Hey-sus, the twerp keeps finding new lows to sink to. :-)
    --
    Andrew Stephenson

  15. Re: iPhone - Big Day For Europe!

    In article ,
    Peter Brown wrote:

    >Well, we all like different toys :-)

    That's the most subtle way of telling someone that they like to play with
    themselves that I've ever seen. Consider it stolen. :-)

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

  16. iPhone - Slow News Day For Europe!

    FUD4> The "100,000" is a quote from Sun and not from me.
    FUD4> Whether you believe Sun or not is beside the point.

    PB> The Sun is not exactly known for anything remotely
    PB> approaching accuracy and is not a good source to
    PB> quote from.

    http://telegraph.co.uk./opinion/main...?xml=/opinion/
    2007/11/10/do1006.xml>

    How about the Daily Telegraph?

  17. iPhone - Slow News Day For Europe!

    FUD4> The "100,000" is a quote from Sun and not from me.
    FUD4> Whether you believe Sun or not is beside the point.

    PB> The Sun is not exactly known for anything remotely
    PB> approaching accuracy and is not a good source to
    PB> quote from.

    http://telegraph.co.uk./opinion/main...?xml=/opinion/
    2007/11/10/do1006.xml>

    How about the Daily Telegraph?

  18. Re: iPhone - Slow News Day For Europe!

    (c) The OS/2 Guy (c) wrote:

    > The original post, by me, was posted to OS2.ecomstation and OS2.misc
    > for discussion

    You don't know the difference between harassment and discussion?

    > It was moved to the Mac
    > groups as harassment.

    And you dare to say that? Unbelievable, because the fact is that you
    harass the OS2 groups for years now. What is your name in the mac groups
    since you happily moved to the mac groups? Mac guy?

    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

    Not a Dr my friend but a very sick asshole.

    --
    Posted by news://news.nb.nu (http://www.nb.nu)

  19. Re: iPhone - Slow News Day For Europe!