Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy - OS2 ; The OS/2 Guy wrote: > Hey guys howz it goin? Wow have I been busy. What with the release > of Leopard and new faster MacBooks, and so many friends and > acquaintances moving to OSX (aka OS ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

  1. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Hey guys howz it goin? Wow have I been busy. What with the release
    > of Leopard and new faster MacBooks, and so many friends and
    > acquaintances moving to OSX (aka OS Ten) it has been a whirlwind of
    > activity.

    Wow! We're all wet and very excited about it!

    > So first up: Leopard
    >
    > Apple has put the polish on this operating system. Clean, precise,
    > feature laden and the cat runs like a leopard.

    Clean, precise and runs like a leopard? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    october 29th: Apple acknowledges Leopard install issues

    http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/10/...stall.freezes/

    Apple posts fix for Leopard's "Blue Screen Of Death"

    Leopard II: iMac video issues revealed

    http://www.electronista.com/articles...pard.2nd.take/

    Apple's Leopard poached online, suffers 'blue screen of death'

    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/st...ectid=10472961

    Apple's Leopard causing blue screen of death

    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9290414,00.htm

    Leopard has killed my Mac, too

    http://www.tech.co.uk/dangrabham/gen...led-my-mac-too

    Dreaded Blue Screen of Death mars some Leopard installs

    http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200...tall_problems/,

    etc. etc. etc... It's in the news everywhere. No sane person with a working
    Mac would upgrade at this point. Everybody knows, on the contrary, that
    compared to Tiger, Apple this time truly ****ed up.

    > The dock is centered
    > on the screen. Don't you wish OS/2 had a Warp Center like this? And
    > it is so configurable.

    http://www.os2.cz/images/clanky/w3desk.jpg

    OS/2 has it. And that picture is probably from 1994, when Macs looked less
    or more like this:

    http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/akibad...0/708e37a5.gif

    And that was the _actual_ resolution you would have had to work with.

    > Second: The New "Santa Rosa" MacBooks

    [snipped more useless Apple spam ]

    > I go back to Med school during most of December to catch up on new
    > procedures and other medicines but I'll be on the 'Net during the free
    > time.

    I will paraphrase this for the rest of the world: You will go back _on meds_
    during December and they will give you new medicines and put you through to
    cure your dementia. Sounds good!

    > Has eCS v2.0 been released yet? I haven't been keeping up. I have a
    > couple of blogs to maintain, web sites to keep hot and running and all
    > of the other professional things in my life to attend to. Of course,

    Professional things to? No ****? Wow! We were all sure you lived off of food
    stamps and welfare. No people with a job has so much time on his hands to
    harass people in newsgroups, with a daily overdose of his masturbations and
    thoughts nobody is interested in, over a computer software.

    > I'm always available to those looking to move to OSX with help and
    > guidance.

    Help and guidance so that people can manage to **** up the almost userless
    install process?

    > P.S. Look for new more powerful iPhones by February. Time magazine
    > has selected the iPhone as the "Invention of the Year".

    I hope by the time of February the mental hospital where you reside will
    pull the plug on your Internet connection. It's probably the doctors' way to
    get rid of yourself for a couple few hours, but it doesn't mean we are
    supposed to cope up with the bull**** of a brain scarred jerk like you.

    Riccardo

  2. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    CB wrote:

    > So until Apple corrects the problems in Leopard for high-end systems,
    > this Mac user is going to stick with Tiger."
    >
    > That is from his most current blog entry, so it's rather obvious
    > (again) that Tim is trolling a product he doesn't really even believe
    > in.
    >
    > Curtis

    Good find, Curtis. This guy is obviously one annoying dullard. He kept
    saying Leopard was running at full speed on his computer, he said all the
    troubles were caused by people trying to run it on Hackintosh PC's, now we
    read a story where his precious Apple laptop's performance was destroyed by
    Apple's latest OSX release.

    Timmy is a train wreck. The way he embrasses himself so deliberately makes
    me feel he has no sense of decency. He has littered his name forever and
    still he has the guts to troll around, just making his reputation even
    worse, if possible.

    By the way, I didn't bother to update my iBook. It doesn't take much to
    understand the first release of a new operating system can't be as stable
    and solid as a seasoned one. That's also why OS/2 rocks and I have to reboot
    my Aurora server once per year, less or more :-)

    Riccardo

  3. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    CB wrote:

    > So until Apple corrects the problems in Leopard for high-end systems,
    > this Mac user is going to stick with Tiger."
    >
    > That is from his most current blog entry, so it's rather obvious
    > (again) that Tim is trolling a product he doesn't really even believe
    > in.
    >
    > Curtis

    Good find, Curtis. This guy is obviously one annoying dullard. He kept
    saying Leopard was running at full speed on his computer, he said all the
    troubles were caused by people trying to run it on Hackintosh PC's, now we
    read a story where his precious Apple laptop's performance was destroyed by
    Apple's latest OSX release.

    Timmy is a train wreck. The way he embrasses himself so deliberately makes
    me feel he has no sense of decency. He has littered his name forever and
    still he has the guts to troll around, just making his reputation even
    worse, if possible.

    By the way, I didn't bother to update my iBook. It doesn't take much to
    understand the first release of a new operating system can't be as stable
    and solid as a seasoned one. That's also why OS/2 rocks and I have to reboot
    my Aurora server once per year, less or more :-)

    Riccardo

  4. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 7, 4:09 pm, CB wrote:

    > >From Tim's own blog:

    > http://www.os2guy.com/blog/index.html
    >
    > "I couldn't wait to get Leopard on my Mac Pro system (8G RAM, 3TBhd,
    > 2SuperDrives, 1TB external hd, 30" Apple HD Cinema display) it didn't
    > take long before problems began to plague me. First off was the
    > display distortion lines that ran through everything. It was as though
    > someone had scratched the backside of a mirror leaving a line gash
    > across your screen. Didn't matter what program you were running the
    > gashes didn't go away. Scroll upward and they went with you. In the
    > Mac Forums most Mac Pro users with high-end display cards and displays
    > were crying foul.
    >
    > "Next came the system freezes. In the beginning it was random, sort of
    > hit and miss every now and then, but by the end of the week I couldn't
    > stop from restarting the system at least once every two hours.
    >
    > "The freezes became so disruptive that I couldn't get all of my
    > extraneous data copied over for backup before I said "Arrrrrrghhhh"
    > and literally wiped it out. I went back to Tiger v10.4.10 and what a
    > relief it is to have my system back to peak performance!
    >
    > So until Apple corrects the problems in Leopard for high-end systems,
    > this Mac user is going to stick with Tiger."
    >
    > That is from his most current blog entry, so it's rather obvious
    > (again) that Tim is trolling a product he doesn't really even believe
    > in.
    >
    > Curtis

    Deceptive editng - but what else is new from an NT user lurking in the
    OS/2 newsgroups?

    How many people do you know that have a high-end Mac Pro with a high-
    end ATI graphics card and a 30" Apple display monitor? I'll wager
    none. You avoided the truth, as usual: Apple made sure Leopard works
    well on their bread and butter products: MacBooks, MacBook Pros and
    iMacs. They write their own graphics drivers and have a bit of
    adjusting to do on the high-end graphics drivers. I can live with
    that. I do have Leopard installed on my 24" iMac and my new "Santa
    Rosa" MacBook.

    If you had a 3GHz Mac Pro with 8Gig of RAM and 3TB of hard disk space
    and asked me if you should install Leopard my answer would be no, wait
    for a few updates. Or would you rather I lie to you?

    Tiger is an excellent OS and Apple continues to upgrade it. Must
    drive you nuts being forced to rely on Microsoft as you do Curtis.
    Thank God that isn't my choice of operating systems.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  5. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 7, 4:09 pm, CB wrote:

    > >From Tim's own blog:

    > http://www.os2guy.com/blog/index.html
    >
    > "I couldn't wait to get Leopard on my Mac Pro system (8G RAM, 3TBhd,
    > 2SuperDrives, 1TB external hd, 30" Apple HD Cinema display) it didn't
    > take long before problems began to plague me. First off was the
    > display distortion lines that ran through everything. It was as though
    > someone had scratched the backside of a mirror leaving a line gash
    > across your screen. Didn't matter what program you were running the
    > gashes didn't go away. Scroll upward and they went with you. In the
    > Mac Forums most Mac Pro users with high-end display cards and displays
    > were crying foul.
    >
    > "Next came the system freezes. In the beginning it was random, sort of
    > hit and miss every now and then, but by the end of the week I couldn't
    > stop from restarting the system at least once every two hours.
    >
    > "The freezes became so disruptive that I couldn't get all of my
    > extraneous data copied over for backup before I said "Arrrrrrghhhh"
    > and literally wiped it out. I went back to Tiger v10.4.10 and what a
    > relief it is to have my system back to peak performance!
    >
    > So until Apple corrects the problems in Leopard for high-end systems,
    > this Mac user is going to stick with Tiger."
    >
    > That is from his most current blog entry, so it's rather obvious
    > (again) that Tim is trolling a product he doesn't really even believe
    > in.
    >
    > Curtis

    Deceptive editng - but what else is new from an NT user lurking in the
    OS/2 newsgroups?

    How many people do you know that have a high-end Mac Pro with a high-
    end ATI graphics card and a 30" Apple display monitor? I'll wager
    none. You avoided the truth, as usual: Apple made sure Leopard works
    well on their bread and butter products: MacBooks, MacBook Pros and
    iMacs. They write their own graphics drivers and have a bit of
    adjusting to do on the high-end graphics drivers. I can live with
    that. I do have Leopard installed on my 24" iMac and my new "Santa
    Rosa" MacBook.

    If you had a 3GHz Mac Pro with 8Gig of RAM and 3TB of hard disk space
    and asked me if you should install Leopard my answer would be no, wait
    for a few updates. Or would you rather I lie to you?

    Tiger is an excellent OS and Apple continues to upgrade it. Must
    drive you nuts being forced to rely on Microsoft as you do Curtis.
    Thank God that isn't my choice of operating systems.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  6. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > How many people do you know that have a high-end Mac Pro with a high-
    > end ATI graphics card and a 30" Apple display monitor? I'll wager
    > none.

    Oh! So Leopard doesn't work because you're special! You indeed are special,
    Timmy: if ignorance were a disability in USA, you'd be the only one who'll
    get the full pension! Just to remind you and the others:

    Google search on "leopard blue screen", 133 hits:

    http://news.google.it/news?hl=en&ned...rd+blue+screen

    Google search on "leopard crashes", 105 hits

    http://news.google.it/news?hl=en&ned...eopard+crashes

    etc. etc. etc.

    You still are special, though, Timmy, "in a way"! I bet you thought it was
    just coincidence that your parents had the same surnames before they
    married!

  7. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > How many people do you know that have a high-end Mac Pro with a high-
    > end ATI graphics card and a 30" Apple display monitor? I'll wager
    > none.

    Oh! So Leopard doesn't work because you're special! You indeed are special,
    Timmy: if ignorance were a disability in USA, you'd be the only one who'll
    get the full pension! Just to remind you and the others:

    Google search on "leopard blue screen", 133 hits:

    http://news.google.it/news?hl=en&ned...rd+blue+screen

    Google search on "leopard crashes", 105 hits

    http://news.google.it/news?hl=en&ned...eopard+crashes

    etc. etc. etc.

    You still are special, though, Timmy, "in a way"! I bet you thought it was
    just coincidence that your parents had the same surnames before they
    married!

  8. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 8, 2:12 am, "Riccardo Rubini" wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    > > How many people do you know that have a high-end Mac Pro with a high-
    > > end ATI graphics card and a 30" Apple display monitor? I'll wager
    > > none.

    > Oh! So Leopard doesn't work because you're special! You indeed are special,
    > Timmy..

    Special has nothing to do with it but thanks for the compliment. It
    has to do with a high end graphics card, 512mb of RAM on that card and
    a 30" Apple Cinema HD display monitor. I know that is hard for you to
    fathom - owning such amazing equipment - but for those of us with
    higher IQs it is a requirement.

    > Just to remind you and the others:
    >
    > Google search on "leopard blue screen", 133 hits:
    >
    > http://news.google.it/news?hl=en&ned...rd+blue+screen
    >
    > Google search on "leopard crashes", 105 hits
    >
    > http://news.google.it/news?hl=en&ned...eopard+crashes

    Oh my Gawd Ricci, 133 and 105 - that's God awful, isn't it? Lessee
    Apple sold over three million copies of Leopard and you were able to
    find 133 references to "blue screen" and 105 hits for "leopard
    crashes". ROTFL!

    Try this Ricci, since your such a big Microsoft lackey. There are
    over 4 million hits for "Vista Crashes" and 3 million hits for "Vista
    Blue Screen of Death". And Microsoft has only sold a 6 million copies
    of Vista! Bummer, huh? You must be peeing your pants right about
    now. Go ahead, show us that Vista search button again. We love
    seeing you spin like a top!

    Take a hike you MS whiner. You aren't worth my time nor anyone
    else's. LOL! What a Wuss!

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  9. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 8, 2:12 am, "Riccardo Rubini" wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    > > How many people do you know that have a high-end Mac Pro with a high-
    > > end ATI graphics card and a 30" Apple display monitor? I'll wager
    > > none.

    > Oh! So Leopard doesn't work because you're special! You indeed are special,
    > Timmy..

    Special has nothing to do with it but thanks for the compliment. It
    has to do with a high end graphics card, 512mb of RAM on that card and
    a 30" Apple Cinema HD display monitor. I know that is hard for you to
    fathom - owning such amazing equipment - but for those of us with
    higher IQs it is a requirement.

    > Just to remind you and the others:
    >
    > Google search on "leopard blue screen", 133 hits:
    >
    > http://news.google.it/news?hl=en&ned...rd+blue+screen
    >
    > Google search on "leopard crashes", 105 hits
    >
    > http://news.google.it/news?hl=en&ned...eopard+crashes

    Oh my Gawd Ricci, 133 and 105 - that's God awful, isn't it? Lessee
    Apple sold over three million copies of Leopard and you were able to
    find 133 references to "blue screen" and 105 hits for "leopard
    crashes". ROTFL!

    Try this Ricci, since your such a big Microsoft lackey. There are
    over 4 million hits for "Vista Crashes" and 3 million hits for "Vista
    Blue Screen of Death". And Microsoft has only sold a 6 million copies
    of Vista! Bummer, huh? You must be peeing your pants right about
    now. Go ahead, show us that Vista search button again. We love
    seeing you spin like a top!

    Take a hike you MS whiner. You aren't worth my time nor anyone
    else's. LOL! What a Wuss!

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  10. [FUD] Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    The OS/2 Guy schrieb:

    >> Just to remind you and the others:
    >>
    >> Google search on "leopard blue screen", 133 hits:

    http://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q=...nG=Suche&meta=
    1580000 hits

    >> Google search on "leopard crashes", 105 hits

    http://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q=...nG=Suche&meta=
    2960000 hits

    > Try this Ricci, since your such a big Microsoft lackey. There are
    > over 4 million hits for "Vista Crashes"

    http://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q=...nG=Suche&meta=
    1860000 hits

    > and 3 million hits for "Vista Blue Screen of Death".

    http://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q=...nG=Suche&meta=
    1790000 hits

    on the other hand
    http://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q=...nG=Suche&meta=
    14900 hits

    Pretty impressive, eComStation is obviously the most stable OS of all
    three and that even before 2.0 goes gold.

    Herwig

  11. [FUD] Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    The OS/2 Guy schrieb:

    >> Just to remind you and the others:
    >>
    >> Google search on "leopard blue screen", 133 hits:

    http://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q=...nG=Suche&meta=
    1580000 hits

    >> Google search on "leopard crashes", 105 hits

    http://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q=...nG=Suche&meta=
    2960000 hits

    > Try this Ricci, since your such a big Microsoft lackey. There are
    > over 4 million hits for "Vista Crashes"

    http://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q=...nG=Suche&meta=
    1860000 hits

    > and 3 million hits for "Vista Blue Screen of Death".

    http://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q=...nG=Suche&meta=
    1790000 hits

    on the other hand
    http://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q=...nG=Suche&meta=
    14900 hits

    Pretty impressive, eComStation is obviously the most stable OS of all
    three and that even before 2.0 goes gold.

    Herwig

  12. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 7, 8:38 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > On Nov 7, 4:09 pm, CB wrote:
    >

    > > >From Tim's own blog:

    > >http://www.os2guy.com/blog/index.html

    > > "I couldn't wait to get Leopard on my Mac Pro system (8G RAM, 3TBhd,
    > > 2SuperDrives, 1TB external hd, 30" Apple HD Cinema display) it didn't
    > > take long before problems began to plague me. First off was the
    > > display distortion lines that ran through everything. It was as though
    > > someone had scratched the backside of a mirror leaving a line gash
    > > across your screen. Didn't matter what program you were running the
    > > gashes didn't go away. Scroll upward and they went with you. In the
    > > Mac Forums most Mac Pro users with high-end display cards and displays
    > > were crying foul.

    > > "Next came the system freezes. In the beginning it was random, sort of
    > > hit and miss every now and then, but by the end of the week I couldn't
    > > stop from restarting the system at least once every two hours.

    > > "The freezes became so disruptive that I couldn't get all of my
    > > extraneous data copied over for backup before I said "Arrrrrrghhhh"
    > > and literally wiped it out. I went back to Tiger v10.4.10 and what a
    > > relief it is to have my system back to peak performance!

    > > So until Apple corrects the problems in Leopard for high-end systems,
    > > this Mac user is going to stick with Tiger."

    > > That is from his most current blog entry, so it's rather obvious
    > > (again) that Tim is trolling a product he doesn't really even believe
    > > in.

    > > Curtis

    > Deceptive editng - but what else is new from an NT user lurking in the
    > OS/2 newsgroups?

    "Deceptive" editing? Funny. I provided the actual link so people could
    see for themselves what a fool you are. Of course, that was when your
    whines were on your front page. They've since been relegated:

    http://www.os2guy.com/2007/11/leopar...c-pro-now.html

    No need to quote you in your entirety -- I provided the gist and the
    link. That was enough, and there was no "deception" at all on my part.

    > How many people do you know that have a high-end Mac Pro with a high-
    > end ATI graphics card and a 30" Apple display monitor? I'll wager
    > none.

    You'd be correct, as I associate with savvy computer professionals,
    not hipster trendy posers.

    > You avoided the truth, as usual

    No, you've simply been caught with your trousers around your ankles.
    You come here and pretend that Leopard is essentially flawless, yet
    your blog tells a different story.

    -- [Tim's excuses snipped] --

    Curtis

  13. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 7, 8:38 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > On Nov 7, 4:09 pm, CB wrote:
    >

    > > >From Tim's own blog:

    > >http://www.os2guy.com/blog/index.html

    > > "I couldn't wait to get Leopard on my Mac Pro system (8G RAM, 3TBhd,
    > > 2SuperDrives, 1TB external hd, 30" Apple HD Cinema display) it didn't
    > > take long before problems began to plague me. First off was the
    > > display distortion lines that ran through everything. It was as though
    > > someone had scratched the backside of a mirror leaving a line gash
    > > across your screen. Didn't matter what program you were running the
    > > gashes didn't go away. Scroll upward and they went with you. In the
    > > Mac Forums most Mac Pro users with high-end display cards and displays
    > > were crying foul.

    > > "Next came the system freezes. In the beginning it was random, sort of
    > > hit and miss every now and then, but by the end of the week I couldn't
    > > stop from restarting the system at least once every two hours.

    > > "The freezes became so disruptive that I couldn't get all of my
    > > extraneous data copied over for backup before I said "Arrrrrrghhhh"
    > > and literally wiped it out. I went back to Tiger v10.4.10 and what a
    > > relief it is to have my system back to peak performance!

    > > So until Apple corrects the problems in Leopard for high-end systems,
    > > this Mac user is going to stick with Tiger."

    > > That is from his most current blog entry, so it's rather obvious
    > > (again) that Tim is trolling a product he doesn't really even believe
    > > in.

    > > Curtis

    > Deceptive editng - but what else is new from an NT user lurking in the
    > OS/2 newsgroups?

    "Deceptive" editing? Funny. I provided the actual link so people could
    see for themselves what a fool you are. Of course, that was when your
    whines were on your front page. They've since been relegated:

    http://www.os2guy.com/2007/11/leopar...c-pro-now.html

    No need to quote you in your entirety -- I provided the gist and the
    link. That was enough, and there was no "deception" at all on my part.

    > How many people do you know that have a high-end Mac Pro with a high-
    > end ATI graphics card and a 30" Apple display monitor? I'll wager
    > none.

    You'd be correct, as I associate with savvy computer professionals,
    not hipster trendy posers.

    > You avoided the truth, as usual

    No, you've simply been caught with your trousers around your ankles.
    You come here and pretend that Leopard is essentially flawless, yet
    your blog tells a different story.

    -- [Tim's excuses snipped] --

    Curtis

  14. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 12, 4:06 pm, CB wrote:

    > > >http://www.os2guy.com/blog/index.html

    > > > "I couldn't wait to get Leopard on my Mac Pro system (8G RAM, 3TBhd,
    > > > 2SuperDrives, 1TB external hd, 30" Apple HD Cinema display) it didn't
    > > > take long before problems began to plague me. First off was the
    > > > display distortion lines that ran through everything. It was as though
    > > > someone had scratched the backside of a mirror leaving a line gash
    > > > across your screen. Didn't matter what program you were running the
    > > > gashes didn't go away. Scroll upward and they went with you. In the
    > > > Mac Forums most Mac Pro users with high-end display cards and displays
    > > > were crying foul.

    > > > "Next came the system freezes. In the beginning it was random, sort of
    > > > hit and miss every now and then, but by the end of the week I couldn't
    > > > stop from restarting the system at least once every two hours.

    > > > "The freezes became so disruptive that I couldn't get all of my
    > > > extraneous data copied over for backup before I said "Arrrrrrghhhh"
    > > > and literally wiped it out. I went back to Tiger v10.4.10 and what a
    > > > relief it is to have my system back to peak performance!

    > > > So until Apple corrects the problems in Leopard for high-end systems,
    > > > this Mac user is going to stick with Tiger."

    > > > That is from his most current blog entry, so it's rather obvious
    > > > (again) that Tim is trolling a product he doesn't really even believe
    > > > in.

    > > > Curtis

    > > Deceptive editng - but what else is new from an NT user lurking in the
    > > OS/2 newsgroups?

    > "Deceptive" editing? Funny. I provided the actual link so people could
    > see for themselves what a fool you are. Of course, that was when your
    > whines were on your front page. They've since been relegated:
    >
    > http://www.os2guy.com/2007/11/leopar...c-pro-now.html

    Now you're just outright lying and your original post proves that.
    You provided no such link, you illegally stole information from my
    blog and purposely posted it out of context. Here's exactly what you
    posted:

    CB wrote:
    > So until Apple corrects the problems in Leopard for high-end systems,
    > this Mac user is going to stick with Tiger."

    > That is from his most current blog entry, so it's rather obvious
    > (again) that Tim is trolling a product he doesn't really even believe
    > in.

    > Curtis

    You are ridiculous CB - but it is no surprise coming from a failed OS/
    2 user now relying on a old Microsoft operating system to get along.
    I think we all assume you are just too poor to "move up". It was just
    a matter of time before Apple's Tech Support provided the answer and
    that answer came quickly. The advice was the installation of a fan
    regulator for the ATI X1900 graphics card because the original fan
    settings were just too low. That's an ATI error, not an Apple error.
    v10.5 [Leopard] is now installed on my Mac Pro and running beautifully
    just as it is for all those who have taken the advice to install the
    free regulator program. Granted there are those who refuse to do so
    insisting Apple should have included it in the first release but no
    company or operating system is perfect. Dear God, that's clearly
    evident with your dependence on Microsoft's NT. Apple has promised to
    include the fix in the next 10.5.1 update.

    Here's my current desktop: http://os2guy.com/images/p001.jpg

    You can't mistake that 30" graphical screen display, the mirrored dock
    and the transparent top menu bar all belong to Leopard nor the system
    information screen. 10.5 is Leopard.

    And then, of course, there is this: "Leopard is back!
    http://www.os2guy.com/2007/11/settin...e-hackers.html

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  15. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    CB wrote:
    > So until Apple corrects the problems in Leopard for high-end systems,
    > this Mac user is going to stick with Tiger."

    > That is from his most current blog entry, so it's rather obvious
    > (again) that Tim is trolling a product he doesn't really even believe
    > in.

    > Curtis

    You are ridiculous CB - but it is no surprise coming from a failed OS/
    2 user now relying on a old Microsoft operating system to get along.
    I think we all assume you are just too poor to "move up". It was just
    a matter of time before Apple's Tech Support provided the answer and
    that answer came quickly. The advice was the installation of a fan
    regulator for the ATI X1900 graphics card because the original fan
    settings were just too low. That's an ATI error, not an Apple error.
    v10.5 [Leopard] is now installed on my Mac Pro and running beautifully
    just as it is for all those who have taken the advice to install the
    free regulator program. Granted there are those who refuse to do so
    insisting Apple should have included it in the first release but no
    company or operating system is perfect. Dear God, that's clearly
    evident with your dependence on Microsoft's NT. Apple has promised to
    include the fix in the next 10.5.1 update.

    Here's my current desktop: http://os2guy.com/images/p001.jpg

    You can't mistake that 30" graphical screen display, the mirrored dock
    and the transparent top menu bar all belong to Leopard nor the system
    information screen. 10.5 is Leopard.

    And then, of course, there is this: "Leopard is back!
    http://www.os2guy.com/2007/11/settin...e-hackers.html

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  16. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 12, 5:50 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > Here's my current desktop: http://os2guy.com/images/p001.jpg

    BTW, see those two LaCie external hard drives up there in that left
    hand corner? They are both 1TB, one used for hourly system backup
    with Time Machine and the other for extra space. The Mac Pro itself
    now has 4TeraBytes of internal hard disk space and 2TeraBytes of
    external hard disk space.

    It is nice to have lots of space! :-)

    New Mac Pros will be coming out soon with 8-core configuration that
    employs two top-of-the-line quad-core "Harpertown" chips. These new
    machines are expected as early as the end of November for those of you
    interested. They will probably start around $3,000 for a basic 750Gig
    system but expandable to 4TB, 16Gig RAM with two Blu-Ray superdrives.

    I can't wait and very excited!

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  17. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 12, 5:50 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > Here's my current desktop: http://os2guy.com/images/p001.jpg

    BTW, see those two LaCie external hard drives up there in that left
    hand corner? They are both 1TB, one used for hourly system backup
    with Time Machine and the other for extra space. The Mac Pro itself
    now has 4TeraBytes of internal hard disk space and 2TeraBytes of
    external hard disk space.

    It is nice to have lots of space! :-)

    New Mac Pros will be coming out soon with 8-core configuration that
    employs two top-of-the-line quad-core "Harpertown" chips. These new
    machines are expected as early as the end of November for those of you
    interested. They will probably start around $3,000 for a basic 750Gig
    system but expandable to 4TB, 16Gig RAM with two Blu-Ray superdrives.

    I can't wait and very excited!

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  18. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:03:33 +0000, © The OS/2 Guy © wrote:

    > New Mac Pros will be coming out soon with 8-core configuration that
    > employs two top-of-the-line quad-core "Harpertown" chips. These new
    > machines are expected as early as the end of November for those of you
    > interested. They will probably start around $3,000 for a basic 750Gig
    > system but expandable to 4TB, 16Gig RAM with two Blu-Ray superdrives.

    I hear rumours of new Mac Minis with faster CPUs in the works.

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  19. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:03:33 +0000, © The OS/2 Guy © wrote:

    > New Mac Pros will be coming out soon with 8-core configuration that
    > employs two top-of-the-line quad-core "Harpertown" chips. These new
    > machines are expected as early as the end of November for those of you
    > interested. They will probably start around $3,000 for a basic 750Gig
    > system but expandable to 4TB, 16Gig RAM with two Blu-Ray superdrives.

    I hear rumours of new Mac Minis with faster CPUs in the works.

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  20. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The [FUD4] Guy

    CB wrote:
    > No, you've simply been caught with your trousers around your ankles.
    > You come here and pretend that Leopard is essentially flawless, yet
    > your blog tells a different story.

    I guess he was relying on you being like the entire rest of the world.
    In other words... not reading his worthless blog. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast