Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy - OS2 ; CB wrote: > No, you've simply been caught with your trousers around your ankles. > You come here and pretend that Leopard is essentially flawless, yet > your blog tells a different story. I guess he was relying on you ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

  1. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The [FUD4] Guy

    CB wrote:
    > No, you've simply been caught with your trousers around your ankles.
    > You come here and pretend that Leopard is essentially flawless, yet
    > your blog tells a different story.

    I guess he was relying on you being like the entire rest of the world.
    In other words... not reading his worthless blog. lol

  2. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The Guy

    On Nov 12, 7:08 pm, Marty wrote:
    > CB wrote:
    > > No, you've simply been caught with your trousers around your ankles.
    > > You come here and pretend that Leopard is essentially flawless, yet
    > > your blog tells a different story.

    > I guess he was relying on you being like the entire rest of the world.
    > In other words... not reading his worthless blog. lol

    I see you couldn't resist stopping by - several times! Why would a
    Linux Luser even care?

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  3. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The Guy

    On Nov 12, 7:08 pm, Marty wrote:
    > CB wrote:
    > > No, you've simply been caught with your trousers around your ankles.
    > > You come here and pretend that Leopard is essentially flawless, yet
    > > your blog tells a different story.

    > I guess he was relying on you being like the entire rest of the world.
    > In other words... not reading his worthless blog. lol

    I see you couldn't resist stopping by - several times! Why would a
    Linux Luser even care?

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  4. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 12, 6:36 pm, Wayne wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:03:33 +0000, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    > > New Mac Pros will be coming out soon with 8-core configuration that
    > > employs two top-of-the-line quad-core "Harpertown" chips. These new
    > > machines are expected as early as the end of November for those of you
    > > interested. They will probably start around $3,000 for a basic 750Gig
    > > system but expandable to 4TB, 16Gig RAM with two Blu-Ray superdrives.

    > I hear rumours of new Mac Minis with faster CPUs in the works.
    >
    > Wayne

    Look for them before Christmas. I suspect the new Mac Pros will miss
    Christmas and hit near mid-March.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  5. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 12, 6:36 pm, Wayne wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:03:33 +0000, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    > > New Mac Pros will be coming out soon with 8-core configuration that
    > > employs two top-of-the-line quad-core "Harpertown" chips. These new
    > > machines are expected as early as the end of November for those of you
    > > interested. They will probably start around $3,000 for a basic 750Gig
    > > system but expandable to 4TB, 16Gig RAM with two Blu-Ray superdrives.

    > I hear rumours of new Mac Minis with faster CPUs in the works.
    >
    > Wayne

    Look for them before Christmas. I suspect the new Mac Pros will miss
    Christmas and hit near mid-March.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  6. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 04:47:41 +0000, © The OS/2 Guy © wrote:

    >> I hear rumours of new Mac Minis with faster CPUs in the works.
    >>
    >> Wayne

    > Look for them before Christmas. I suspect the new Mac Pros will miss
    > Christmas and hit near mid-March.

    The date I heard was yesterday (12th) but it didn't happen. I hear stores
    got shipments of containers bearing the label "Do not open until further
    notice" and judging from the size could only contain new Minis.

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  7. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 04:47:41 +0000, © The OS/2 Guy © wrote:

    >> I hear rumours of new Mac Minis with faster CPUs in the works.
    >>
    >> Wayne

    > Look for them before Christmas. I suspect the new Mac Pros will miss
    > Christmas and hit near mid-March.

    The date I heard was yesterday (12th) but it didn't happen. I hear stores
    got shipments of containers bearing the label "Do not open until further
    notice" and judging from the size could only contain new Minis.

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  8. Re: [FUD], New [FUD] & The [FUD4] Guy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > On Nov 12, 7:08 pm, Marty wrote:
    >
    >>CB wrote:
    >>
    >>>No, you've simply been caught with your trousers around your ankles.
    >>>You come here and pretend that Leopard is essentially flawless, yet
    >>>your blog tells a different story.

    >>I guess he was relying on you being like the entire rest of the world.
    >>In other words... not reading his worthless blog. lol

    > I see you couldn't resist stopping by

    I'm not the interloper here. I just released new OS/2 software last
    month. What's your OS/2 system's uptime? Mine is around 120 days and
    allowed me to access my files and web sites from China for the last two
    weeks.

    ?

    > Why would a Linux Luser even care?

    Beats me. Why would anyone care? Glad you agree with my point.

  9. Re: [FUD], New [FUD] & The [FUD4] Guy

    ?

    > Why would a Linux Luser even care?

    Beats me. Why would anyone care? Glad you agree with my point.

  10. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 12, 5:50 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > On Nov 12, 4:06 pm, CB wrote:

    > > > Deceptive editng - but what else is new from an NT user lurking in the
    > > > OS/2 newsgroups?

    > > "Deceptive" editing? Funny. I provided the actual link so people could
    > > see for themselves what a fool you are. Of course, that was when your
    > > whines were on your front page. They've since been relegated:

    > >http://www.os2guy.com/2007/11/leopar...c-pro-now.html

    > Now you're just outright lying and your original post proves that.

    You are free to cling to whatever delusions rock your world.

    > You provided no such link, you illegally stole information from my
    > blog and purposely posted it out of context. Here's exactly what you
    > posted:
    >
    > CB wrote:
    > > So until Apple corrects the problems in Leopard for high-end systems,
    > > this Mac user is going to stick with Tiger."
    > > That is from his most current blog entry, so it's rather obvious
    > > (again) that Tim is trolling a product he doesn't really even believe
    > > in.
    > > Curtis

    The date of your "Leopard Not for Mac Pro Now..." is November 4. The
    next blog entry, "This and That, Then and Now...", is dated November
    8. The date of my original post citing your blog is November 7. Anyone
    can check these facts out for themselves. What these facts clearly
    show is that when I posted my original November 7 post, blog entry
    "Leopard Not for Mac Pro Now..." was indeed the most current, as I
    said.

    > You are ridiculous CB - but it is no surprise coming from a failed OS/
    > 2 user now relying on a old Microsoft operating system to get along.
    > I think we all assume you are just too poor to "move up".

    You can assume any assinine thing you wish.

    -- [Apple free advertising snipped] --

    Curtis

  11. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 12, 5:50 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > On Nov 12, 4:06 pm, CB wrote:

    > > > Deceptive editng - but what else is new from an NT user lurking in the
    > > > OS/2 newsgroups?

    > > "Deceptive" editing? Funny. I provided the actual link so people could
    > > see for themselves what a fool you are. Of course, that was when your
    > > whines were on your front page. They've since been relegated:

    > >http://www.os2guy.com/2007/11/leopar...c-pro-now.html

    > Now you're just outright lying and your original post proves that.

    You are free to cling to whatever delusions rock your world.

    > You provided no such link, you illegally stole information from my
    > blog and purposely posted it out of context. Here's exactly what you
    > posted:
    >
    > CB wrote:
    > > So until Apple corrects the problems in Leopard for high-end systems,
    > > this Mac user is going to stick with Tiger."
    > > That is from his most current blog entry, so it's rather obvious
    > > (again) that Tim is trolling a product he doesn't really even believe
    > > in.
    > > Curtis

    The date of your "Leopard Not for Mac Pro Now..." is November 4. The
    next blog entry, "This and That, Then and Now...", is dated November
    8. The date of my original post citing your blog is November 7. Anyone
    can check these facts out for themselves. What these facts clearly
    show is that when I posted my original November 7 post, blog entry
    "Leopard Not for Mac Pro Now..." was indeed the most current, as I
    said.

    > You are ridiculous CB - but it is no surprise coming from a failed OS/
    > 2 user now relying on a old Microsoft operating system to get along.
    > I think we all assume you are just too poor to "move up".

    You can assume any assinine thing you wish.

    -- [Apple free advertising snipped] --

    Curtis

  12. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 12, 5:50 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > You are ridiculous CB - but it is no surprise coming from a failed OS/
    > 2 user now relying on a old Microsoft operating system to get along.
    > I think we all assume you are just too poor to "move up".

    Let me help you decipher the headers:

    (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET
    CLR 3.0.04506.30)

    For starters, I am running IE version 7, which won't run on NT or
    Win2K. The NT 5.2 refers to the kernel, not the OS package as a whole.
    The WOW64 means I'm running 32-bit IE on a 64-bit kernel. .NET CLR 2.0
    and .NET CLR 3.0 means I'm running .NET versions 2.0 and 3.0, neither
    of which will run on Windows NT.

    That you think I'm still running Windows NT when I'm running XP x64
    shows how ignorant you are.

    Curtis

  13. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 12, 5:50 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > You are ridiculous CB - but it is no surprise coming from a failed OS/
    > 2 user now relying on a old Microsoft operating system to get along.
    > I think we all assume you are just too poor to "move up".

    Let me help you decipher the headers:

    (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET
    CLR 3.0.04506.30)

    For starters, I am running IE version 7, which won't run on NT or
    Win2K. The NT 5.2 refers to the kernel, not the OS package as a whole.
    The WOW64 means I'm running 32-bit IE on a 64-bit kernel. .NET CLR 2.0
    and .NET CLR 3.0 means I'm running .NET versions 2.0 and 3.0, neither
    of which will run on Windows NT.

    That you think I'm still running Windows NT when I'm running XP x64
    shows how ignorant you are.

    Curtis

  14. [FUD] Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:06:58 -0500, CB wrote
    (in article <1194912418.947234.33210@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.c om>):

    > You'd be correct, as I associate with savvy computer professionals, not
    > hipster trendy posers.

    I don't believe for a moment that he actually has all the top-end hardware he
    claims, in part because I don't think an idiot like him could afford it. But
    if he did have that hardware power, what do you think he would do with it?
    Read email, make a fool of himself on news groups, and surf the web. I can't
    imagine he has the skill to do anything more sophisticated.

    --
    John Varela
    Trade NEW lamps for OLD for email.

  15. [FUD] Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:06:58 -0500, CB wrote
    (in article <1194912418.947234.33210@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.c om>):

    > You'd be correct, as I associate with savvy computer professionals, not
    > hipster trendy posers.

    I don't believe for a moment that he actually has all the top-end hardware he
    claims, in part because I don't think an idiot like him could afford it. But
    if he did have that hardware power, what do you think he would do with it?
    Read email, make a fool of himself on news groups, and surf the web. I can't
    imagine he has the skill to do anything more sophisticated.

    --
    John Varela
    Trade NEW lamps for OLD for email.

  16. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 13, 5:05 pm, John Varela wrote:
    > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:06:58 -0500, CB wrote
    > (in article <1194912418.947234.33...@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.c om>):
    >
    > > You'd be correct, as I associate with savvy computer professionals, not
    > > hipster trendy posers.

    > I don't believe for a moment that he actually has all the top-end hardware he
    > claims, in part because I don't think an idiot like him could afford it. But
    > if he did have that hardware power, what do you think he would do with it?
    > Read email, make a fool of himself on news groups, and surf the web. I can't
    > imagine he has the skill to do anything more sophisticated.

    He certainly hasn't demonstrated any such skills, has he?

    I think it may be possible that he's managed to procure the hardware,
    as even Apple h/w is reasonably affordable these days. That being
    said, I share your belief that it's highly unlikely, and I wouldn't be
    surprised if the screenshots he posts were obtained from playing with
    the h/w in an Apple store.

    Assuming he actually has the goods, it really woudn't matter much what
    he did with them. You see, unlike the majority of us who simply view a
    computer as a tool, a means to an end, Tim seems to view the computer
    as an end unto itself, a status symbol, which is simply pathetic.
    That's why he brags about how big his screen is, how many gigs of RAM
    he has, how many terrabytes of disk space he has, etc. It gives him a
    feeling of superiority.

    I suspect that the majority of that hardware sits idle, simply
    generating heat and giving Tim a hard-on.

    Curtis

  17. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 13, 5:05 pm, John Varela wrote:
    > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:06:58 -0500, CB wrote
    > (in article <1194912418.947234.33...@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.c om>):
    >
    > > You'd be correct, as I associate with savvy computer professionals, not
    > > hipster trendy posers.

    > I don't believe for a moment that he actually has all the top-end hardware he
    > claims, in part because I don't think an idiot like him could afford it. But
    > if he did have that hardware power, what do you think he would do with it?
    > Read email, make a fool of himself on news groups, and surf the web. I can't
    > imagine he has the skill to do anything more sophisticated.

    He certainly hasn't demonstrated any such skills, has he?

    I think it may be possible that he's managed to procure the hardware,
    as even Apple h/w is reasonably affordable these days. That being
    said, I share your belief that it's highly unlikely, and I wouldn't be
    surprised if the screenshots he posts were obtained from playing with
    the h/w in an Apple store.

    Assuming he actually has the goods, it really woudn't matter much what
    he did with them. You see, unlike the majority of us who simply view a
    computer as a tool, a means to an end, Tim seems to view the computer
    as an end unto itself, a status symbol, which is simply pathetic.
    That's why he brags about how big his screen is, how many gigs of RAM
    he has, how many terrabytes of disk space he has, etc. It gives him a
    feeling of superiority.

    I suspect that the majority of that hardware sits idle, simply
    generating heat and giving Tim a hard-on.

    Curtis

  18. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy

    On Nov 21, 5:02 pm, CB wrote:

    < Very Little...>

    Thanks for providing this opportunity Curtis.

    A few interesting Apple-related items:

    Leopard has been a stellar product for Apple and has helped to
    overtake Microsoft in Japan, were you aware of that? Apple now holds
    57% of the computer market in that country and is quickly moving
    beyond Microsoft in other countries too.

    You can now buy an unlocked iPhone in Germany and France. Two
    provisions tho' - you must speak French and German because the phones
    only work in those languages and to own one you're going to have to
    pay about $1,500.00 ($999 Euro). When I first reported this a few
    weeks back my statement was scoffed at by many but it has come true.
    And, of course, an unlocked iPhone's operating system (OSX) cannot be
    updated unless the owner syncs it with iTunes and the authorized
    service provider (Orange and T-Mobile). Unlocked iPhones also lose
    several service provider-side features including selective voicemail
    (the ability to pick and chose what voicemail recordings you listen
    too) which means the unlocked iPhone owners will have to listen to
    each and every voicemail to get to the voicemail they really want to
    listen to; YouTube, SMSTexting, slower WiFi and pay higher fees for
    data plans. But hey, to the hacker having an unlocked iPhone is
    everything.

    The first authorized applications rumored and expected for release by
    Apple for the iPhone include video recording and dual BlueTooth ear-
    buds with mic for cordless phone calls, music and videos. Unlocked
    iPhones won't have the ability without Apple's iPhone OSX upgrade.
    They should be released this coming January.

    Steve Jobs was hoping to see the iPhone garner a 10% of the cell phone
    market by the first of January 2008 but the iPhone has been such a
    phenomenon it has already reached 27% - and Christmas will push it
    well over 30%.

    The Open Group, a vendor and technology neutral consortium that
    focuses on open standards, has announced Apple's OS X 10.5 [Leopard]
    is true Unix and confirms Apple's system as meeting the requirements
    of the latest Unix standard, Unix Specification version 3. That makes
    Mac OSX the first major operating system derived from the open source
    BSD base of historical Unix products to meet the official
    certification requirements. Run OS X (OS 10) and you are running a
    true Unix system.

    A new Mac The Ripper vr14i was been released this week.

    If you are thinking about buying a Mac you won't find a better time to
    do so then this coming Friday aka Black Friday. Its one of Apple's
    biggest discount days and every store manager is authorized to make
    spot discounts as much as 33%. That means you could pick up a 24"
    iMac for as little as $700 or a MacBook for a little as $600. These
    are not refurbs but brand new machines. iPods will sell like candy.
    If you really want savings you'll want to visit an Apple Store Grand
    Opening on Black Friday. There's one in San Francisco's Marina
    district (Chestnut Street I believe). Doors open at 10am and the
    lines will be around the block!

    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  19. Re: Leopard, New MacBooks & The OS/2 Guy