Junk Spy updates - OS2

This is a discussion on Junk Spy updates - OS2 ; I have not received an update since Oct 5, and I didn't get a message saying my subscription had expired. Has anyone else not gotten updates? --...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Junk Spy updates

  1. Junk Spy updates

    I have not received an update since Oct 5, and I didn't get a message
    saying my subscription had expired. Has anyone else not gotten
    updates?
    --


  2. Re: Junk Spy updates

    ++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++

    From: Cees van Veelen

    As a customer of Sundial Systems and user of Junkspy I received the
    following sad news:

    "On October 5th, Sundial Systems suddenly and unexpectedly lost its
    President and chief developer, Randell Flint. Randell was the heart
    and soul of Sundial, and we are mourning his untimely passing."

    This information is confirmed by the website of the company.
    http://www.sundialsystems.com/

    I think the OS/2 community lost a valuable member.

    Greetings, Cees van Veelen.

    [Moderator note; This is truly sad news. Besides being a developer of
    many great OS/2 applications, Randell was a long time supporter of
    many OS/2 organizations and was very supportive of VOICE and
    Warpstock. He will be greatly missed.]


    On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:59:44 UTC, "Mark Klebanoff"
    wrote:

    > I have not received an update since Oct 5, and I didn't get a message
    > saying my subscription had expired. Has anyone else not gotten
    > updates?



    --
    Tom Brown, Catherder

  3. Re: Junk Spy updates

    That is sad, but is that why the updates have stopped? Has anyone
    else continued to receive them?

    On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 04:57:07 UTC, "Tom Brown"
    wrote:

    > ++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
    >
    > From: Cees van Veelen
    >
    > As a customer of Sundial Systems and user of Junkspy I received the
    > following sad news:
    >
    > "On October 5th, Sundial Systems suddenly and unexpectedly lost its
    > President and chief developer, Randell Flint. Randell was the heart
    > and soul of Sundial, and we are mourning his untimely passing."
    >
    > This information is confirmed by the website of the company.
    > http://www.sundialsystems.com/
    >
    > I think the OS/2 community lost a valuable member.
    >
    > Greetings, Cees van Veelen.
    >
    > [Moderator note; This is truly sad news. Besides being a developer of
    > many great OS/2 applications, Randell was a long time supporter of
    > many OS/2 organizations and was very supportive of VOICE and
    > Warpstock. He will be greatly missed.]
    >
    >
    > On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:59:44 UTC, "Mark Klebanoff"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have not received an update since Oct 5, and I didn't get a message
    > > saying my subscription had expired. Has anyone else not gotten
    > > updates?

    >
    >



    --


  4. Re: Junk Spy updates

    I found a complementary article, including his
    photo, at:

    http://www.scoug.com/OS24U/1996/SCOUG609.2.RFLINT.HTML

    later,
    lin Baden


    In , "Tom Brown" writes:
    >++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
    >
    >From: Cees van Veelen
    >
    >As a customer of Sundial Systems and user of Junkspy I received the
    >following sad news:
    >
    >"On October 5th, Sundial Systems suddenly and unexpectedly lost its
    >President and chief developer, Randell Flint. Randell was the heart
    >and soul of Sundial, and we are mourning his untimely passing."
    >
    >This information is confirmed by the website of the company.
    >http://www.sundialsystems.com/
    >
    >I think the OS/2 community lost a valuable member.
    >
    >Greetings, Cees van Veelen.
    >
    >[Moderator note; This is truly sad news. Besides being a developer of
    >many great OS/2 applications, Randell was a long time supporter of
    >many OS/2 organizations and was very supportive of VOICE and
    >Warpstock. He will be greatly missed.]
    >
    >
    >On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:59:44 UTC, "Mark Klebanoff"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have not received an update since Oct 5, and I didn't get a message
    >> saying my subscription had expired. Has anyone else not gotten
    >> updates?

    >
    >
    >--
    >Tom Brown, Catherder




    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Let Ignorance and Intolerance Rule!

    Baden Kudrenecky
    baden@baden.nu
    http://baden.nu/
    -----------------------------------------------------------



  5. Re: Junk Spy updates

    See theri website. It says that they are suspending all sales of all
    products. Nothing about updates, but I suspect that is the same story.

    On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 08:18:49 UTC, "Mark Klebanoff"
    wrote:

    > That is sad, but is that why the updates have stopped? Has anyone
    > else continued to receive them?
    >
    > On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 04:57:07 UTC, "Tom Brown"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > ++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
    > >
    > > From: Cees van Veelen
    > >
    > > As a customer of Sundial Systems and user of Junkspy I received the
    > > following sad news:
    > >
    > > "On October 5th, Sundial Systems suddenly and unexpectedly lost its
    > > President and chief developer, Randell Flint. Randell was the heart
    > > and soul of Sundial, and we are mourning his untimely passing."
    > >
    > > This information is confirmed by the website of the company.
    > > http://www.sundialsystems.com/
    > >
    > > I think the OS/2 community lost a valuable member.
    > >
    > > Greetings, Cees van Veelen.
    > >
    > > [Moderator note; This is truly sad news. Besides being a developer of
    > > many great OS/2 applications, Randell was a long time supporter of
    > > many OS/2 organizations and was very supportive of VOICE and
    > > Warpstock. He will be greatly missed.]
    > >
    > >
    > > On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:59:44 UTC, "Mark Klebanoff"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have not received an update since Oct 5, and I didn't get a message
    > > > saying my subscription had expired. Has anyone else not gotten
    > > > updates?

    > >
    > >

    >
    >



    --
    Tom Brown, Catherder

  6. Re: Junk Spy updates

    In , on 11/03/2007
    at 06:50 AM, "Tom Brown" said:

    Hi,

    >See theri website. It says that they are suspending all sales of all
    >products. Nothing about updates, but I suspect that is the same story.


    I think it's reasonable to expect it to take a bit of time for things to
    settle out when the founder of a small company is gone.

    Steven

    --
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 09pre #10183
    eCS/Warp/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.ca.webbnet.info #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


+ Reply to Thread