convert Mac fonts for OS/2? - OS2

This is a discussion on convert Mac fonts for OS/2? - OS2 ; I need to convert a basic Mac OS 8.6 font suitcase for use with OS/2 graphics programs. Is there a way to achieve that? Thanks, Pierre -- Pierre Jelenc The Gigometer www.gigometer.com Home Office Records www.homeofficerecords.com...

  1. convert Mac fonts for OS/2?

    --
    Pierre Jelenc
    The Gigometer www.gigometer.com
    Home Office Records www.homeofficerecords.com

  2. Re: convert Mac fonts for OS/2?

    Pierre Jelenc wrote:

    > I need to convert a basic Mac OS 8.6 font suitcase for use with OS/2
    > graphics programs. Is there a way to achieve that?

    Use "Transmac" from Acute Systems (http://www.asy.com/) to convert the
    Data+Ressource Fork into a PC readable format.

    Then use "CrossFont" (from Acute Systems too) to convert them into PC
    Truetype fonts. Take a look into the "Substitute encoding" settings to
    convert the char encoding too.

    Both programs are shareware with a 30 days evaluation period. The Acute
    Systems homepage has additional ressources and hints.

    I never used both programs but stumbled over a german website
    (http://www.traum-projekt.com/traum-q...riften-mac-pc/)
    some days before describing the process so I can at least give you an
    idea where to look further.

    Bernd

  3. Re: convert Mac fonts for OS/2?

    Bernd Hohmann writes:

    > I never used both programs but stumbled over a german website
    > (http://www.traum-projekt.com/traum-q...riften-mac-pc/)
    > some days before describing the process so I can at least give you an
    > idea where to look further.

    Thanks! I am puzzled that there's no German word for "font" though!
    How did Gutenberg talk about his invention?

    Pierre
    --
    Pierre Jelenc
    The Gigometer www.gigometer.com
    Home Office Records www.homeofficerecords.com

  4. Re: convert Mac fonts for OS/2?

    Pierre Jelenc wrote:

    >> I never used both programs but stumbled over a german website
    >> (http://www.traum-projekt.com/traum-q...riften-mac-pc/)
    >> some days before describing the process so I can at least give you an
    >> idea where to look further.

    > Thanks! I am puzzled that there's no German word for "font" though!
    > How did Gutenberg talk about his invention?

    He said "Letter" to his movable types, but its uncommon for a computer font.

    Bernd

    --
    Unsere Identität entnehmen Sie bitte dem beigefügten Auszug aus
    den Personenstandsbüchern. Gegen die Assimilierung in unser

+ Reply to Thread