Warp 3 Question - OS2

This is a discussion on Warp 3 Question - OS2 ; Hi All, Just playing around with Warp 3 for kicks. How does one get networking support in OS/2 Warp 3? I have heard there is something called 'warp connect' that installs networking support. Is this free or yet something else ...

  1. Warp 3 Question

    Hi All,

    Just playing around with Warp 3 for kicks. How does one get networking
    support in OS/2 Warp 3? I have heard there is something called 'warp
    connect' that installs networking support. Is this free or yet something
    else IBM has buried and never made free?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Warp 3 Question

    alex wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Just playing around with Warp 3 for kicks. How does one get networking
    > support in OS/2 Warp 3? I have heard there is something called 'warp
    > connect' that installs networking support. Is this free or yet something
    > else IBM has buried and never made free?

    Warp Connect was a separate product/version of Warp 3. It included the full
    networking package as of the time it was released - which means it had some
    serious limitations for current network specs. You can cobble the
    networking into Warp 3, but the easier solution would be to find a Warp 4
    distro on eBay or some place. The version of networking in Warp 3
    (Connect) will kust frustrate you until you patch it to the 32-bit versions
    released for Warp 4 and that can become a challenge as well.

    --
    Will Honea

  3. Re: Warp 3 Question

    In <47260dd9$0$30667$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, on 10/30/2007
    at 03:42 AM, alex said:

    >Just playing around with Warp 3 for kicks. How does one get networking
    >support in OS/2 Warp 3? I have heard there is something called 'warp
    >connect' that installs networking support.

    Warp Connect is just the last release of Warp 3, with the Internet stuff
    bundled. You can install Internet support on an older Warp 3, but IMHO it
    makes more sense to buy an upgrade to eComStation.

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  4. Re: Warp 3 Question

    Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
    > Warp Connect is just the last release of Warp 3, with the Internet stuff
    > bundled. You can install Internet support on an older Warp 3, but IMHO it
    > makes more sense to buy an upgrade to eComStation.

    I have ecomstation 1.2 and 2.0RC1, I just like tinkering around with old
    stuff. How do I install internet support in Warp 3? What do I need to
    download?

    Thanks!

  5. Re: Warp 3 Question

    alex wrote:
    > Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
    >> Warp Connect is just the last release of Warp 3, with the Internet stuff
    >> bundled. You can install Internet support on an older Warp 3, but IMHO it
    >> makes more sense to buy an upgrade to eComStation.
    >>

    > I have ecomstation 1.2 and 2.0RC1, I just like tinkering around with old
    > stuff. How do I install internet support in Warp 3? What do I need to
    > download?

    _____
    I did this once many years ago. A fellow in The Netherlands figured it
    all out. I think it was Jaco de Leeuw.

    Best to use Warp 4. I may be able to help. Email me directly. Address
    is c!o!n!t!r!e!x!AT#s#h#a#w#DOT$c$a.
    --
    Regards / JCH

  6. Re: Warp 3 Question

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 03:42:32 UTC, alex wrote:

    > Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
    > > Warp Connect is just the last release of Warp 3, with the Internet stuff
    > > bundled. You can install Internet support on an older Warp 3, but IMHO it
    > > makes more sense to buy an upgrade to eComStation.
    > >

    > I have ecomstation 1.2 and 2.0RC1, I just like tinkering around with old
    > stuff. How do I install internet support in Warp 3? What do I need to
    > download?
    >
    > Thanks!

    There is a package at HOBBES, that might be what you are looking for:

    > http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/...il/freetcp.zip

    Hope this helps...
    --
    From the eComStation 2.0 RC2 of Doug Bissett
    dougb007 at telus dot net

  7. Re: Warp 3 Question

    In <4726a87d$0$875$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, on 10/30/2007
    at 02:42 PM, alex said:

    >I have ecomstation 1.2 and 2.0RC1, I just like tinkering around with old
    >stuff. How do I install internet support in Warp 3? What do I need to
    >download?

    Check out the MPTS packages at

    Long ago, I installed the 16-bit TCP/IP stack onto a Warp3/FP17 box. It
    as essentially, run MPTS to install and apply the MPTS fixpacks.

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 09pre #10183