System Editor has unwanted title - OS2

This is a discussion on System Editor has unwanted title - OS2 ; Here is a new one for me - I had a look at a package called "kvec". Ever since, when I open the System Editor it has 'kvec.cmd' as the first part of the title. How did this hijacking occur ...

  1. System Editor has unwanted title

    Here is a new one for me - I had a look at a package called "kvec". Ever
    since, when I open the System Editor it has 'kvec.cmd' as the first part
    of the title. How did this hijacking occur and how do I get rid of it.
    Any help appreciated.
    Peter

  2. Re: System Editor has unwanted title

    Hi Peter

    Peter J Seymour wrote:
    > Here is a new one for me - I had a look at a package called "kvec". Ever
    > since, when I open the System Editor it has 'kvec.cmd' as the first part
    > of the title. How did this hijacking occur and how do I get rid of it.
    > Any help appreciated.
    > Peter

    What is kvec and where can it be found?

    Regards

    Pete

  3. Re: System Editor has unwanted title

    On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 00:21:20 UTC, Peter Brown
    wrote:

    > Hi Peter
    >
    > Peter J Seymour wrote:
    > > Here is a new one for me - I had a look at a package called "kvec". Ever
    > > since, when I open the System Editor it has 'kvec.cmd' as the first part
    > > of the title. How did this hijacking occur and how do I get rid of it.
    > > Any help appreciated.
    > > Peter

    > What is kvec and where can it be found?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Pete

    Multi-platform raster to vector conversion program.

    http://kvec.de/

    HTH,
    Pete

    --

  4. Re: System Editor has unwanted title

    Peter J Seymour wrote:
    > Here is a new one for me - I had a look at a package called "kvec". Ever
    > since, when I open the System Editor it has 'kvec.cmd' as the first part
    > of the title. How did this hijacking occur and how do I get rid of it.
    > Any help appreciated.
    > Peter

    I may have fixed the problem but I don't know how it arose.
    Looking on my other machine, e.exe displays "E.EXE" as the first part of
    the window title. I start wondering about file associations. Sure
    enough, on the original machine, various associations have been replaced
    with "kvec.cmd" and some entries seem to have disappeared altogether. I
    fixed the obviously wrong entries and things seem to be back to normal.
    I had already deleted the kvec package as it didn't do what I was
    looking for. I don't think I will go back to it to investigate any further.
    Peter

  5. Re: System Editor has unwanted title

    Peter J Seymour wrote:

    > I had already deleted the kvec package as it didn't do what I was
    > looking for. I don't think I will go back to it to investigate any further.

    I've used kvec for quite a while and it works very well. The OS/2 port
    does not interface with the WPS so it will not have any effect on file
    associations. The versions I have used on OS/2 are vio applications.
    For what KVEC is intended for (raster graphics to vector graphics), it
    is very good.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and Sea Monkey 1.5a

  6. Re: System Editor has unwanted title

    David T. Johnson wrote:
    > Peter J Seymour wrote:
    >
    >> I had already deleted the kvec package as it didn't do what I was
    >> looking for. I don't think I will go back to it to investigate any
    >> further.

    > I've used kvec for quite a while and it works very well. The OS/2 port
    > does not interface with the WPS so it will not have any effect on file
    > associations. The versions I have used on OS/2 are vio applications.
    > For what KVEC is intended for (raster graphics to vector graphics), it
    > is very good.

    On that basis, it could be my machine has some sort of ini file problem.
    I will look into that.
    Peter

+ Reply to Thread