Warp 4 CD directory tree? - OS2

This is a discussion on Warp 4 CD directory tree? - OS2 ; os2.setup.misc seems to be sleeping... I've got this towering stack of floppies I'd really like to convert to a warp 4 CD, but I have no idea of the CD structure, other than that there's a diskimgs\os2\35\ folder with all ...

  1. Warp 4 CD directory tree?

    os2.setup.misc seems to be sleeping...

    I've got this towering stack of floppies I'd really like to convert to a warp 4 CD, but I have no
    idea of the CD structure, other than that there's a diskimgs\os2\35\ folder with all the .DSKs in it.
    Could some kind soul post the directory tree, and the contents of the root? (not the files, just a
    list) I burned a CD with the diskimgs folder, and ran setup, but while the drive was recognized, the
    CD was not Obviously something missing...but what? Any help appreciated. I wanna get warped!.

  2. Re: Warp 4 CD directory tree?

    On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 02:49:37 UTC in comp.os.os2.misc, wrote:

    > os2.setup.misc seems to be sleeping...
    >
    > I've got this towering stack of floppies I'd really like to convert to a warp 4 CD, but I have no
    > idea of the CD structure, other than that there's a diskimgs\os2\35\ folder with all the .DSKs in it.
    > Could some kind soul post the directory tree, and the contents of the root? (not the files, just a
    > list) I burned a CD with the diskimgs folder, and ran setup, but while the drive was recognized, the
    > CD was not Obviously something missing...but what? Any help appreciated. I wanna get warped!.

    I saw your post before and my immediate thought was 'buy a CD!'. The .dsk images
    are not used from the CD - they're there so you can make the diskettes. The
    places that are used by the CD installation are \os2image\disk_0 through disk_nn
    (however many there are) so you'd have to xcopy each diskette to its correct
    location. The main difference though is the config.sys that it uses and that
    tells it boot from CD. By the time you've copied the contents of all the
    diskettes and burnt 17 CDs you might get one that actually works! That's if your
    old diskettes are still readable at all.

    Ebay or Ecomstation!

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  3. Re: Warp 4 CD directory tree?

    In , on 10/26/2007
    at 09:49 PM, said:

    Hi,

    >I've got this towering stack of floppies I'd really like to convert to a
    >warp 4 CD,

    I'm not entirely sure this is possible. I assume you mean that this
    towering stack is a full set of Warp4 install diskettes. This should be
    some 40+ diskettes. Is this what you have?

    >Could some
    >kind soul post the directory tree, and the contents of the root? (not the
    >files, just a list) I burned a CD with the diskimgs folder, and ran
    >setup, but while the drive was recognized, the CD was not Obviously
    >something missing...but what? Any help appreciated.

    As Trevor noted, you were not even close. The top level structure is

    S:\
    + CID
    + DISKIMGS
    + IBMINST
    + IMAGES
    + INFO
    + OS2IMAGE

    The CD installer uses everything but DISKIMGS .:-)

    The CD root contains

    6-14-96 10:54 1,894 0 CDINST.BAT
    6-14-96 11:03 1,894 0 CDINST.CMD
    6-14-96 10:48 9,459 0 DMF_PS2.CMD
    8-21-96 15:28 956 0 INSTALL.CMD
    8-24-96 11:12 29,844 0 MAKEDSKS.BAT
    8-24-96 11:12 29,839 0 MAKEDSKS.CMD
    8-30-96 19:39 11 0 OS2SE20.SRC
    8-21-96 15:30 838 0 PRODDSKS.CMD
    8-30-96 17:58 47,168 0 README
    8-30-96 17:58 33,470 0 README.INS
    8-29-96 22:06 418,176 0 RSPINST.EXE
    8-14-96 2:57 89,066 0 SAMPLE.RSP

    The installer looks at os2se20.src which contains the line

    \OS2IMAGE

    to find the files on the CD.

    What you will need to do, at a minimum, is boot the install diskettes and
    xcopy the diskettes to subdirectories of \OS2IMAGE generating a structure
    similar to

    OS2IMAGE
    + DEBUG
    + DISK_0
    + DISK_1
    + DISK_10
    + DISK_11
    + DISK_12
    + DISK_13

    Have fun,

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 09pre #10183
    eCS/Warp/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.ca.webbnet.info #scoug (Wed 7pmPST)

  4. Re: Warp 4 CD directory tree?

    In article <4723e4a3$1$fgrir53$mr2ice@news.west.earthlink.net>,
    Steven Levine wrote:

    >What you will need to do, at a minimum, is boot the install diskettes and
    >xcopy the diskettes to subdirectories of \OS2IMAGE generating a structure
    >similar to

    Follow the procedure used to set up a network install server. It describes
    the directory setup and file changes required. Then simply copy that whole
    structure to a CDROM. You don't have to make network-enabled boot diskettes,
    you just make a couple of minor changes to the standard boot diskettes to
    point the install to the CDROM.

    The procedure documentation, and some useful CMD files used to semi-automate
    the process, are on the Warp 4 CDROM (and probably on the Web somewhere). I
    have no idea if they are on the diskettes, for that matter I don't think
    Warp 4 shipped on diskette media.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

  5. Re: Warp 4 CD directory tree?

    In , on 10/26/2007
    at 09:49 PM, said:

    >I've got this towering stack of floppies I'd really like to convert to a
    >warp 4 CD,

    Why not just use the CD that comes with Warp 4?

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

+ Reply to Thread