Problems with OS/2 V3 and Cdrom - OS2

This is a discussion on Problems with OS/2 V3 and Cdrom - OS2 ; Hi, I have OS/2 warp server(base os Warp V3). I am using SCSI HD's (AICU160.ADD). And Ide-Cdrom. Os fix pak level is 35. I am using OS2DASD IBM1s506.ADD IBMIDECD.FLT and OS2CDROM from Idedasd package(dont remember version for all but 1S506 ...

  1. Problems with OS/2 V3 and Cdrom

    Hi,

    I have OS/2 warp server(base os Warp V3). I am using SCSI HD's
    (AICU160.ADD). And Ide-Cdrom. Os fix pak level is 35. I am using OS2DASD
    IBM1s506.ADD IBMIDECD.FLT and OS2CDROM from Idedasd package(dont
    remember version for all but 1S506 is v 4.95). Config.sys lines are
    following:

    HPFS386.IFS /A:*
    CDFS.IFS /W
    IBMIDECD.FLT
    AICU160.ADD
    IBM1S506.ADD /V
    OS2DASD.DMD
    OS2CDROM.DMD /V

    During boot-up IBM1S506.ADD detects Cdrom and Statusk
    IBMIDECD detects drive and says OK filtered
    OSCDROM.DMD detects unit.

    BUT There is no drive letter assigned for CD-Drive nor icon is displayed
    in OS/2 system -> drives. I have also tried Danis 1.8.0 + Danidasd +
    daniatapi no help in there. Any ideas what might be wrong here?

    Tero

  2. Re: Problems with OS/2 V3 and Cdrom

    On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 10:11:14 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.storage, Tero Kaarlela
    wrote:

    > BUT There is no drive letter assigned for CD-Drive nor icon is displayed
    > in OS/2 system -> drives. I have also tried Danis 1.8.0 + Danidasd +
    > daniatapi no help in there. Any ideas what might be wrong here?

    Is it just a Drives problem? Can you see the CD drive from a command prompt?
    Does it show up in, for example, Sysbench's view of your system? Do you have
    anything in the Drives folder other than Drives? There used to be a problem
    where having anything except the drives that were meant to be in the Drives
    folder would disable anything new being added to it - delete anything that isn't
    a drive and you may well find you have the opposite problem - a CD drive icon
    for each time you've booted up with the CD attached but with a missing icon!

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  3. Re: Problems with OS/2 V3 and Cdrom

    No CLI doesnt work either(Cd rom drive does not get letter assigned...) I
    also tried a SCSI Cdrom today but no help in there either... And no nothing
    else is in drives than A: B: C: D:.

    Tero

    "Trevor Hemsley" kirjoitti
    viestissä news:m9KDrXHRddhdrydsh9okpktXDcjvd@trevor2.dsl.pip ex.com...
    > On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 10:11:14 UTC in comp.os.os2.setup.storage, Tero

    Kaarlela
    > wrote:
    >

    > > BUT There is no drive letter assigned for CD-Drive nor icon is displayed
    > > in OS/2 system -> drives. I have also tried Danis 1.8.0 + Danidasd +
    > > daniatapi no help in there. Any ideas what might be wrong here?

    > Is it just a Drives problem? Can you see the CD drive from a command

    prompt?
    > Does it show up in, for example, Sysbench's view of your system? Do you

    have
    > anything in the Drives folder other than Drives? There used to be a

    problem
    > where having anything except the drives that were meant to be in the

    Drives
    > folder would disable anything new being added to it - delete anything that

    isn't
    > a drive and you may well find you have the opposite problem - a CD drive

    icon
    > for each time you've booted up with the CD attached but with a missing

    icon!

    > --
    > Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    > Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  4. Re: Problems with OS/2 V3 and Cdrom

    In <6nnOi.91$w94.55@read3.inet.fi>, Tero Kaarlela writes:
    >Hi,
    >
    > I have OS/2 warp server(base os Warp V3). I am using SCSI HD's
    >(AICU160.ADD). And Ide-Cdrom. Os fix pak level is 35. I am using OS2DASD
    >IBM1s506.ADD IBMIDECD.FLT and OS2CDROM from Idedasd package(dont
    >remember version for all but 1S506 is v 4.95). Config.sys lines are
    >following:
    >
    > HPFS386.IFS /A:*
    > CDFS.IFS /W
    > IBMIDECD.FLT
    > AICU160.ADD
    > IBM1S506.ADD /V
    > OS2DASD.DMD
    > OS2CDROM.DMD /V

    I assume this is the order the CONFIG.SYS is, and
    that may lead to the problem. AFAIK, the SCSI/IDE
    drivers in a mixed system have to be loaded in the
    requisite order, so your SCSI ones should be first, and
    the IDE ones after.

    Therefore, I suggest:

    HPFS386.IFS /A:*
    AICU160.ADD
    OS2DASD.DMD
    IBM1S506.ADD /V
    CDFS.IFS /W
    IBMIDECD.FLT
    OS2CDROM.DMD /V

    later,
    lin Baden

    >During boot-up IBM1S506.ADD detects Cdrom and Statusk
    >IBMIDECD detects drive and says OK filtered
    >OSCDROM.DMD detects unit.
    >
    >BUT There is no drive letter assigned for CD-Drive nor icon is displayed
    > in OS/2 system -> drives. I have also tried Danis 1.8.0 + Danidasd +
    >daniatapi no help in there. Any ideas what might be wrong here?
    >

    >Tero

    Let Ignorance and Intolerance Rule!

    Baden Kudrenecky
    baden@baden.nu