Boot-Up Error Message on JFS Partition - OS2

This is a discussion on Boot-Up Error Message on JFS Partition - OS2 ; Oh my gosh. What have I done? Now when I boot-up OS/2, from the bootable JFS partition, I get this error message, *before* "OS/2" appears on the screen: IAG: Error reading btree node0000:0009 Note that there is no space between ...

  1. Boot-Up Error Message on JFS Partition

    Oh my gosh. What have I done?

    Now when I boot-up OS/2, from the bootable JFS partition, I get this
    error message, *before* "OS/2" appears on the screen:

    IAG: Error reading btree node0000:0009

    Note that there is no space between the word "node" and the address.

    I've never, ever, seen such a mesage. I don't know what IAG is. The
    error message appears so quickly that it appears that it is coming from
    the boot sector

    Anyone get such an error mesage? Any idea where it is coming from?

    The partition in question is checkable from the computer is booted from
    the FAT formatted partition.

  2. Re: Boot-Up Error Message on JFS Partition

    Don't have the solution, but this is probably something that can be
    corrected by using DFSEE, have a look at:
    www.dfsee.com
    dfsjfs.txt incl. in DFSee 9.01 states some commands dealing with IAG.
    Buying the product will also give you excellent support from the
    author, plus it has loads of tools for repairing and cheking.
    Peter

    Nobody wrote:
    > Oh my gosh. What have I done?
    >
    > Now when I boot-up OS/2, from the bootable JFS partition, I get this
    > error message, *before* "OS/2" appears on the screen:
    >
    > IAG: Error reading btree node0000:0009
    >
    > Note that there is no space between the word "node" and the address.
    >

    > I've never, ever, seen such a mesage. I don't know what IAG is. The
    > error message appears so quickly that it appears that it is coming from
    > the boot sector
    >
    > Anyone get such an error mesage? Any idea where it is coming from?
    >
    > The partition in question is checkable from the computer is booted from
    > the FAT formatted partition.

  3. Re: Boot-Up Error Message on JFS Partition

    PJ wrote:
    > Don't have the solution, but this is probably something that can be
    > corrected by using DFSEE, have a look at:
    > www.dfsee.com
    > dfsjfs.txt incl. in DFSee 9.01 states some commands dealing with IAG.
    > Buying the product will also give you excellent support from the
    > author, plus it has loads of tools for repairing and cheking.
    > Peter

    I'm a long time DFSee owner and user.

    I see that the IAG error message is found in the first series of boot-up
    sectors. I looked there with DISKEDIT.EXE from Graham Utilities.

    I'm amazined that CHKDSK doesn't fix it. And since the error message is
    coming not from the usable error of the partition, I guess that makes
    sense, that CHKDSK doesn't know a thing about it.

    The JFS partition(s) are still not solid. For instance, CHKDSK often
    reports that a partition that is not being used is "mounted" and can not
    be fixed. When, in fact, the partition is not being used at all.

    But, this is the second time that I have been unable to boot-up from a
    JFS partition.

    I will see what DFSee has to say about my partitions.

    Recently I found-out that copying files from my Macintosh to my
    FAT32-formatted USB drive, also causes errors, that neither DFSee, or
    Macintosh can fix.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread