Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac. - OS2

This is a discussion on Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac. - OS2 ; If you are wondering about this and are looking for a solution then come to Warpstock Europe and listen to Roland Schmalenberg talk about InnoTek's virtualization solution VirtualBox from the eComStation users point of view. Details about this presentation and ...

  1. Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    If you are wondering about this and are looking for a solution then come to
    Warpstock Europe and listen to Roland Schmalenberg talk about InnoTek's
    virtualization solution VirtualBox from the eComStation users point of view.

    Details about this presentation and others can be found at
    http://www.warpstock.eu/en/agenda/presentations.html

  2. Re: Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    On Oct 5, 12:19 pm, "Keith Merrington"
    wrote:
    > If you are wondering about this and are looking for a solution then come to
    > Warpstock Europe and listen to Roland Schmalenberg talk about InnoTek's
    > virtualization solution VirtualBox from the eComStation users point of view.
    >
    > Details about this presentation and others can be found athttp://www.warpstock.eu/en/agenda/presentations.html

    I laughed when I read this. There is really no need for any OS/2 user
    to attend Warpstock to learn how to run OS/2 in a virtual environment
    on a Mac. Macs already do this - run OS/2 in a virtual environment,
    that is. The do it by using Parallels running side-by-side with Mac
    OSX on any Intel-powered Mac, without rebooting. With Parallels' award-
    winning virtualization technology, you can run Mac OSX and OS/2 at the
    same time along with Windows anything and Linux. You can even drag-and-
    drop files between desktops!

    I know because I helped the Parallels tech support team customize
    Parallels specifically to run OS/2 and today, OS/2 Warp 4.52 runs
    beautifully on my Mac Pro. There is no virtualization software that
    runs OS/2 in a Mac environment better than Parallels. None.

    The only problem -and I say "only" because it isn't really a problem
    for OSX- was OSX itself. OSX is lightyears ahead of OS/2 and once you
    run OSX, even if it is to install OS/2 in a virtual session, you find
    that OS/2 is so old and out-of-date compared to OSX, that you lose all
    desire to run OS/2 in that virtual session. The big thrill with
    installing OS/2 in a virtual Parallels session was just that, the
    installation process. Once up and running there was little want or
    need to use OS/2 because OSX did everything OS/2 did and far better,
    cleaner and faster.

    So if you're one of those "I'm never gonna give up OS/2 no matter
    what" die-hard numbchucks then you don't even want to think about
    running OS/2 on a Mac machine in an OSX environment.

    OSX is just too damn good.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  3. Re: Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    You present your self as a light weight - please just clear off ...

    CGT

    The OS2 Guy wrote:
    > On Oct 5, 12:19 pm, "Keith Merrington"
    > wrote:
    >> If you are wondering about this and are looking for a solution then come to
    >> Warpstock Europe and listen to Roland Schmalenberg talk about InnoTek's
    >> virtualization solution VirtualBox from the eComStation users point of view.
    >>
    >> Details about this presentation and others can be found athttp://www.warpstock.eu/en/agenda/presentations.html

    > I laughed when I read this. There is really no need for any OS/2 user
    > to attend Warpstock to learn how to run OS/2 in a virtual environment
    > on a Mac. Macs already do this - run OS/2 in a virtual environment,
    > that is. The do it by using Parallels running side-by-side with Mac
    > OSX on any Intel-powered Mac, without rebooting. With Parallels' award-
    > winning virtualization technology, you can run Mac OSX and OS/2 at the
    > same time along with Windows anything and Linux. You can even drag-and-
    > drop files between desktops!
    >
    > I know because I helped the Parallels tech support team customize
    > Parallels specifically to run OS/2 and today, OS/2 Warp 4.52 runs
    > beautifully on my Mac Pro. There is no virtualization software that
    > runs OS/2 in a Mac environment better than Parallels. None.
    >
    > The only problem -and I say "only" because it isn't really a problem
    > for OSX- was OSX itself. OSX is lightyears ahead of OS/2 and once you
    > run OSX, even if it is to install OS/2 in a virtual session, you find
    > that OS/2 is so old and out-of-date compared to OSX, that you lose all
    > desire to run OS/2 in that virtual session. The big thrill with
    > installing OS/2 in a virtual Parallels session was just that, the
    > installation process. Once up and running there was little want or
    > need to use OS/2 because OSX did everything OS/2 did and far better,
    > cleaner and faster.
    >
    > So if you're one of those "I'm never gonna give up OS/2 no matter
    > what" die-hard numbchucks then you don't even want to think about
    > running OS/2 on a Mac machine in an OSX environment.
    >
    > OSX is just too damn good.
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com

  4. Re: Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    On Oct 5, 7:22 pm, tt8739 wrote:

    > You present your self as a light weight - please just clear off ...
    >
    > CGT

    ROTFL - you step in here using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (Windows/20070728)
    and call me a "light weight". Dude - I'm "THE OS/2 Guy". Do a little
    background checking before making another fool out of yourself, huh?

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  5. Re: Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    wrote:
    > If you are wondering about this and are looking for a solution then come to
    > Warpstock Europe and listen to Roland Schmalenberg talk about InnoTek's
    > virtualization solution VirtualBox from the eComStation users point of view.
    >
    > Details about this presentation and others can be found athttp://www.warpstock.eu/en/agenda/presentations.html

    I laughed when I read this. There is really no need for any OS/2 user
    to attend Warpstock to learn how to run OS/2 in a virtual environment
    on a Mac. Macs already do this - run OS/2 in a virtual environment,
    that is. The do it by using Parallels running side-by-side with Mac
    OSX on any Intel-powered Mac, without rebooting. With Parallels' award-
    winning virtualization technology, you can run Mac OSX and OS/2 at the
    same time along with Windows anything and Linux. You can even drag-and-
    drop files between desktops!

    I know because I helped the Parallels tech support team customize
    Parallels specifically to run OS/2 and today, OS/2 Warp 4.52 runs
    beautifully on my Mac Pro. There is no virtualization software that
    runs OS/2 in a Mac environment better than Parallels. None.

    The only problem -and I say "only" because it isn't really a problem
    for OSX- was OSX itself. OSX is lightyears ahead of OS/2 and once you
    run OSX, even if it is to install OS/2 in a virtual session, you find
    that OS/2 is so old and out-of-date compared to OSX, that you lose all
    desire to run OS/2 in that virtual session. The big thrill with
    installing OS/2 in a virtual Parallels session was just that, the
    installation process. Once up and running there was little want or
    need to use OS/2 because OSX did everything OS/2 did and far better,
    cleaner and faster.

    So if you're one of those "I'm never gonna give up OS/2 no matter
    what" die-hard numbchucks then you don't even want to think about
    running OS/2 on a Mac machine in an OSX environment.

    OSX is just too damn good.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  6. Re: Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    The OS2 Guy wrote:
    > On Oct 5, 12:19 pm, "Keith Merrington"
    > wrote:
    >> If you are wondering about this and are looking for a solution then come to
    >> Warpstock Europe and listen to Roland Schmalenberg talk about InnoTek's
    >> virtualization solution VirtualBox from the eComStation users point of view.
    >>
    >> Details about this presentation and others can be found athttp://www.warpstock.eu/en/agenda/presentations.html

    > I laughed when I read this. There is really no need for any OS/2 user
    > to attend Warpstock to learn how to run OS/2 in a virtual environment
    > on a Mac. Macs already do this - run OS/2 in a virtual environment,
    > that is. The do it by using Parallels running side-by-side with Mac
    > OSX on any Intel-powered Mac, without rebooting. With Parallels' award-
    > winning virtualization technology, you can run Mac OSX and OS/2 at the
    > same time along with Windows anything and Linux. You can even drag-and-
    > drop files between desktops!
    >
    > I know because I helped the Parallels tech support team customize
    > Parallels specifically to run OS/2 and today, OS/2 Warp 4.52 runs
    > beautifully on my Mac Pro. There is no virtualization software that
    > runs OS/2 in a Mac environment better than Parallels. None.
    >
    > The only problem -and I say "only" because it isn't really a problem
    > for OSX- was OSX itself. OSX is lightyears ahead of OS/2 and once you
    > run OSX, even if it is to install OS/2 in a virtual session, you find
    > that OS/2 is so old and out-of-date compared to OSX, that you lose all
    > desire to run OS/2 in that virtual session. The big thrill with
    > installing OS/2 in a virtual Parallels session was just that, the
    > installation process. Once up and running there was little want or
    > need to use OS/2 because OSX did everything OS/2 did and far better,
    > cleaner and faster.
    >
    > So if you're one of those "I'm never gonna give up OS/2 no matter
    > what" die-hard numbchucks then you don't even want to think about
    > running OS/2 on a Mac machine in an OSX environment.
    >
    > OSX is just too damn good.
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com

  7. Re: Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    On Oct 5, 7:22 pm, tt8739 wrote:

    > You present your self as a light weight - please just clear off ...
    >
    > CGT

    ROTFL - you step in here using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (Windows/20070728)
    and call me a "light weight". Dude - I'm "THE OS/2 Guy". Do a little
    background checking before making another fool out of yourself, huh?

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  8. Re: Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 03:23:04 UTC,  The OS/2 Guy
    wrote:

    > Do a little
    > background checking before making another fool out of yourself, huh?

    Good advice, for a change. Check out:

    > http://tmfaq.servehttp.com/

    and decide for yourself where bad information comes from...

    --
    From the eComStation 2.0 RC2 of Doug Bissett
    dougb007 at telus dot net

  9. Re: Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    wrote:

    > Do a little
    > background checking before making another fool out of yourself, huh?

    Good advice, for a change. Check out:

    > http://tmfaq.servehttp.com/

    and decide for yourself where bad information comes from...

    --
    From the eComStation 2.0 RC2 of Doug Bissett
    dougb007 at telus dot net

  10. Re: [FUD4] Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 01:31:48 +0200, Stan Goodman wrote:

    [...]
    > Currently I am using Knode, an inferior newsreader in Linux with
    > inadequate filtering facilities that I haven't bothered with, and see
    > everything that anybody posts. I'll go back toe using Pronews/2, for
    > more reasons than one.

    [...]

    When under Linux try Pan. Or if you can stand a CLI news reader try slrn.
    Both have decent filtering capability.

    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  11. Re: [FUD4] Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    Stan Goodman schrieb:

    >> The only job "Tim" has gotten paid for is dog walking (Google for
    >> it!).

    > Do tell!!!! I will indeed search for his activities in the Canine
    > Services industry. Is this for real? What name is he using in this
    > field? I googled for and found only that there
    > are a remarkable number of people, even in various states, with this
    > name concerned with exercising dogs. What is his "corporate name" for
    > tis topic?

    Search for the msgID <19999xl4743293@j.welton.mailcity.com>

    The connections to Larry (amongst others) are

    <391A3DB7.45C7@mailcity.com>
    <3959556C.3365@mailcity.com>
    <3990EFBA.23BB@mailcity.com> (phone number, do a Whois on Warpcity.com)

    >> Everything else he gets from a trust fund. His only marketable
    >> skill
    >> is being able to put one foot in front of the other to give some
    >> animals a round of exercise and clean up their droppings.
    >>
    >>> An older question is the matter of the apparently spurious doctoral
    >>> claim.

    >> This is explained by Google as well. "Tim", on an off-day for
    >> dog-walking, Googled his alias' name and found that another gent, who
    >> happened to have the same name, had his resume' on line. "Tim"
    >> co-opted this person's credentials and claimed he was the same person,
    >> even
    >> though other accounts of this person had proven otherwise. This other
    >> Tim was in completely different places at the time than the faker
    >> claimed he was, and the stories conflict enough to form more than a
    >> reasonable doubt.

    > Ah. So besides being a liar, he is also an identity thief.
    >
    > But what happened to the job at HUD that somebody turned up sone time
    > ago? Is that gone? Or it never was? Or dog walking pays better?

    He's still listed there as "program assistant"
    There were quite some postings from "Tim Martin" from the HUD IP-range a
    view months back. He seemd to no longer care to hide his identity at
    that time, this might also explain the Whois record for os2guy.com.

  12. Re: [FUD4] Will eCS run on New Hardware or a Mac.

    Stan Goodman wrote:
    > Ah. So besides being a liar, he is also an identity thief.
    >
    > But what happened to the job at HUD that somebody turned up sone time
    > ago? Is that gone? Or it never was? Or dog walking pays better?

    It's possible. There was a Larry Chauvet who worked at the HUD in SF,
    but it is possible he was just using their computers.

    Here's a pretty good list of trails left by this particularly slimy snail:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....7b8767eb3b9e7c

    Unfortunately, the links off of this page are out of date because Google
    changed their reference style. I'll see if I can bring them up in the
    current Google URL format.

    >>So, in short, there's really no need to humor this clown on any claims
    >>he has made.

    > I am not sure that "humoring" is the right word for my motive. I was
    > trying to bait him. But that is probably immoral on my part, since he
    > is a pitiable as you now tell me.

    There's no need to waste bait on a fish that jumps into your boat by
    itself. ;-)