Re: Publish RFD to remove comp.os.os2.advocacy? - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Publish RFD to remove comp.os.os2.advocacy? - OS2 ; On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:41:47 GMT, in news.groups, Aratzio wrote: >On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:54:02 CST, in news.groups, tskirvin@killfile.org >(Tim Skirvin) bloviated: > >> We've received an RFD to remove comp.os.os2.advocacy. A quick >>check has revealed a high ...

  1. Re: Publish RFD to remove comp.os.os2.advocacy?

    wrote:

    >On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:54:02 CST, in news.groups, tskirvin@killfile.org
    >(Tim Skirvin) bloviated:
    >
    >> We've received an RFD to remove comp.os.os2.advocacy. A quick
    >>check has revealed a high level of activity for the group, most (but not
    >>all) of which is off-topic. What does everyone think about publishing the
    >>RFD?

    >When did the b8mb become *The Topic Police*?

    I thought they had already decided not to publish the RDF...

    --
    Ak'toh'di

  2. Re: Publish RFD to remove comp.os.os2.advocacy?

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:06:01 -0700, in news.groups, Bob Officer
    bloviated:

    >On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:41:47 GMT, in news.groups, Aratzio
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:54:02 CST, in news.groups, tskirvin@killfile.org
    >>(Tim Skirvin) bloviated:
    >>
    >>> We've received an RFD to remove comp.os.os2.advocacy. A quick
    >>>check has revealed a high level of activity for the group, most (but not
    >>>all) of which is off-topic. What does everyone think about publishing the
    >>>RFD?

    >>When did the b8mb become *The Topic Police*?

    >I thought they had already decided not to publish the RDF...

    Nah, that was just one of the morons (Kathy?), not all of them.

    I just liked Skivy's rationale for discussing it. He is now
    determining what is on-topic for a news group in which he does not
    participate.

    This after creating a boat load of DOA groups.

    Seems more than a little ironic. Create dead groups and discuss
    removing groups with active posting.

    --

    Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

    Aratzio - Usenet ruiner #2

  3. Re: Publish RFD to remove comp.os.os2.advocacy?

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 20:16:42 GMT, in news.groups, Aratzio
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:06:01 -0700, in news.groups, Bob Officer
    > bloviated:
    >
    >>On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:41:47 GMT, in news.groups, Aratzio
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:54:02 CST, in news.groups, tskirvin@killfile.org
    >>>(Tim Skirvin) bloviated:

    >>>When did the b8mb become *The Topic Police*?

    >>I thought they had already decided not to publish the RDF...

    >Nah, that was just one of the morons (Kathy?), not all of them.

    Could have been Kathy tends to echo only what she has read elsewhere.

    >I just liked Skivy's rationale for discussing it. He is now
    >determining what is on-topic for a news group in which he does not
    >participate.

    he wants to make sure there is high noise level in this group,
    doesn't he?

    >This after creating a boat load of DOA groups.

    Has he created anything that one can call successful?

    >Seems more than a little ironic. Create dead groups and discuss
    >removing groups with active posting.

    The Way of the B*MBy is dark and full of little twists and turns.
    [nyy zbfg yvxr gur *Jnl bs gur Xbbx*.]

    --
    Ak'toh'di

+ Reply to Thread