google's operating system - Operating System News

This is a discussion on google's operating system - Operating System News ; It might catch on because most people use google for a search engine why I don't know. I don't know why they are making one. It might suck because nobody has been able to top Microsoft Windows so we will ...

  1. google's operating system

    It might catch on because most people use google for a search engine why I don't know. I don't know why they are making one. It might suck because nobody has been able to top Microsoft Windows so we will see

  2. Thumbs down Re: google's operating system

    Quote Originally Posted by dhiraazghy View Post
    It might catch on because most people use google for a search engine why I don't know. I don't know why they are making one. It might suck because nobody has been able to top Microsoft Windows so we will see
    The google search engine and the google operating system are not related except the company that's making them (and people use the google search engine because it is -the- best general purpose search engine on the planet, both in terms of volume and quality). They are making an operating system for some arbitrary reason that's not really important unless you're google (or they do nasty stuff), but it's not unlikely that it's somehow realted to chrome/chromium and the fact that google likes to make the browser the place to run software.

    I fail to see why no-one has made a better operating system than Microsoft has an relevance to google's operating system. Besides that, whether or not Microsoft has been bested or not is a highly subjective claim. Personally, I'd say Windows XP and especially Windows Vista, doesn't hold a candle to some of the general purpose operating systems out there, and if you have special needs, like a real time operating system, clustered computing or need to run it on non x86, Microsoft just doesn't have a chance.

  3. Wink Re: google's operating system

    The google search engine and the google operating system are not related except the company that's making them (and people use the google search engine because it is -the- best general purpose search engine on the planet, both in terms of volume and quality).
    google search engine is very helpfull and a quick system

  4. Re: google's operating system

    As most of you know, the Windows operating system is the most popular and the most utilized personal computer operating platform in use today, and has been for many years. Windows has made Microsoft the powerhouse it is today, thanks to its user-friendly interface and a number of other features that greatly simplify your daily life.

    However, there is now a new computer operating system that is taking over, and itís not coming from inside your personal computer, and itís not from your companyís LAN (Local Area Network) or intranet network either. What Iím referring to here is the ďGĒ operating system, better known as the Google operating platform.

    For more information visit: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/t...ng-system/485/

  5. Re: google's operating system

    I dont understand why do we need such OS ???
    I like Windows and MAC or portable versions =)

+ Reply to Thread