Session Resume with different cipher - Openssl

This is a discussion on Session Resume with different cipher - Openssl ; I am trying to test for the ability to resume a session using the same session-id but with a different cipher. Is there a way to do this using s_client? I have tried doing the following but haven't had any ...

  1. Session Resume with different cipher

    I am trying to test for the ability to resume a session using the same session-id but with a different cipher. Is there a way to do this using s_client?

    I have tried doing the following but haven't had any success:

    openssl s_client -connect example.com:443 -sess_out example.pem -cipher DES-CBC3-SHA -tls1

    openssl s_client -connect example.com:443 -sess_in example.pem -cipher RC4-MD5 -ssl3

    ###UPDATE###
    So, I wanted to give a little update on this. It wasn't that I was doing it wrong it was more that the version of OpenSSL on my MacBook Pro is out of date (OpenSSL 0.9.8r). In the newer versions of openssl it gives you a little more information and helps you to understand that in fact is not possible to continue the session you specified.
    The newer version of openssl that I tried this with is 1.0.0d. Hope this helps
    Last edited by monsi; 09-16-2011 at 05:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread