All -

I am using OpenSSL with memory BIOs for the communication. I have
everything working just fine, until I came across a server that sends
Application data in the final packet of the TLS handshake.
Specifically, Wireshark shows the following in its output :

Change Cipher Spec, Encrypted Handshake Message, Application Data

where I am normally used to just :

Change Cipher Spec, Encrypted Handshake Message

So, my question is, how do I get at the application data in that packet?

After the call to SSL_connect() both SSL_pending() and
BIO_ctrl_pending() are claiming that there are 0 bytes available to read.

Is there a flag I need to enable? Or some other call?

Thanks!