Hi,

Does anyone know of any Perl modules already written that can call the
native OpenSSL FIPS_mode_set and FIPS_mode APIs. I am using Perl's
Net::SSLeay and IO::Socket::SSL modules but these do not appear to have any
exposed APIs to enable FIPS mode. Thanks!

Also, I assume if I enable FIPS from a C program (separate from the Perl
calls), as long as the OpenSSL DLL's are still loaded, the FIPS mode
enablement from the C program would also apply to the Perl use of the same
shared DLLs. What keeps a DLL loaded, is it the process that loaded it
still being active (stays open as long as the process is still going) or
just having code call into a method so it loads/unloads the DLL's more
frequently?

Regards,
Pete