(Sorry about clumsy quoting; I can't get Outlook to correctly interleave
html.)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openssl-users@openssl.org On Behalf Of Michael Luich
Sent: Tuesday, 14 October, 2008 10:23

So I've spent all week trying to find the answer to no success.
I've downloaded and installed the precompiled openssl binaries for windows.
My app includes the line:

#include

and compiles correctly. The app runs until openssl code is accessed. Then I
get:

OPENSSL_Uplink(058A1010,05): no OPENSSL_Applink
<<<<<
Are you #include'ing it into C++? If so it will get compiled with a C++
mangled name, and the lookup won't be able to find it. #include it as C --
I think it works to do extern"C"{..} in C++, but haven't verified.
Or compile separately as C, but make sure it gets linked. You can do
DUMPBIN /EXPORTS on the resulting .exe to check it's there and correct.

I've seen comments in the faq about adding: CRYPTO_malloc_init(); but it
generates compilation errors.

<<<<<

Those errors look like the compiler thinks this is a declaration, which it's
not,
and thus can't understand it. Do you have it at file (or C++ namespace)
scope?
It's a macro that expands to executable code, which must be in a function,
and should be in a function that executes it once before any other lib use.