Hi There,

I am building a web service client application that uses
openSSL for web service https/SSL communication. In order
to avoid the patent issue for the portion of openSSL, I
build the openSSL libraries myself using ./config no-idea
no-mdc2 no-rc5. All is working fine as far as I am
concerned, my client application can talk to web service
server through https.

Now my question is: What cypto algorithm is actually used
in the https/SSL communication? What is really turned off by
using no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5? If these things are not
needed, then why they are there?

Thanks much!

Ray