Re: Microsoft Visual C++ - Openssl

This is a discussion on Re: Microsoft Visual C++ - Openssl ; Michael Luich wrote: > Hello, > I'm trying to compile in Microsoft Visual C++ Express and I'm getting > linker errors like: > > error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _BIO_gets referenced in function > "char * __cdecl sr_encrypt(char *,struct _iobuf ...

  1. Re: Microsoft Visual C++

    Michael Luich wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I'm trying to compile in Microsoft Visual C++ Express and I'm getting
    > linker errors like:
    >
    > error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _BIO_gets referenced in function
    > "char * __cdecl sr_encrypt(char *,struct _iobuf *)" (?sr_encrypt@
    > @YAPADPADPAU_iobuf@@@Z)
    >
    > I got the header files all setup, but I can't get the libs working. I
    > followed the help and copied the lib files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    > Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib .
    >
    > Anybody know what i'm missing?
    >
    > Mike Luich

    You have to add the .lib files to your project's Linker properties.

    --
    Thomas Hruska
    Shining Light Productions

    Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
    http://www.slproweb.com/

  2. Re: Microsoft Visual C++

    On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Thomas J. Hruska
    wrote:
    > Michael Luich wrote:
    >>
    >> Hello,
    >> I'm trying to compile in Microsoft Visual C++ Express and I'm getting
    >> linker errors like:
    >>
    >> error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _BIO_gets referenced in function
    >> "char * __cdecl sr_encrypt(char *,struct _iobuf *)" (?sr_encrypt@
    >> @YAPADPADPAU_iobuf@@@Z)
    >>
    >> I got the header files all setup, but I can't get the libs working. I
    >> followed the help and copied the lib files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    >> Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib .
    >>
    >> Anybody know what i'm missing?
    >>
    >> Mike Luich

    > You have to add the .lib files to your project's Linker properties.
    >
    > --
    > Thomas Hruska
    > Shining Light Productions
    >
    > Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
    > http://www.slproweb.com/

    I've tried to do that but It doesn't seem to be working. Any idea on
    how I do that?

    Mike Luich
    --
    "you can't put your finger there - OOH! PUT YOUR FINGER THERE!" -
    Princeton, Avenue Q

  3. Re: Microsoft Visual C++

    OK So I figured it out. After following the help files instructions on where
    to copy the files, under the project properties -> configuration properties
    -> linker -> input -> additional dependencies add "libeay32MD.lib
    ssleay32MD.lib" Note the MD matches the build type under properties ->
    configuration properties -> C/C++ -> code generation

    Mike Luich

    shinelight@shininglightpro.com> wrote:

    > Michael Luich wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >> I'm trying to compile in Microsoft Visual C++ Express and I'm getting
    >> linker errors like:
    >>
    >> error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _BIO_gets referenced in function
    >> "char * __cdecl sr_encrypt(char *,struct _iobuf *)" (?sr_encrypt@
    >> @YAPADPADPAU_iobuf@@@Z)
    >>
    >> I got the header files all setup, but I can't get the libs working. I
    >> followed the help and copied the lib files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    >> Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib .
    >>
    >> Anybody know what i'm missing?
    >>
    >> Mike Luich
    >>

    > You have to add the .lib files to your project's Linker properties.
    >
    > --
    > Thomas Hruska
    > Shining Light Productions
    >
    > Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
    > http://www.slproweb.com/

  4. Re: Microsoft Visual C++

    As I know,Microsoft Visual C++ Express do not support multithread programs
    correctly and OpenSSL needs to work at multithread mode. So you should use
    the other version of compiler instead.

    2008/10/11 Michael Luich

    > On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Thomas J. Hruska
    > wrote:
    > > Michael Luich wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Hello,
    > >> I'm trying to compile in Microsoft Visual C++ Express and I'm getting
    > >> linker errors like:
    > >>
    > >> error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _BIO_gets referenced in

    > function
    > >> "char * __cdecl sr_encrypt(char *,struct _iobuf *)" (?sr_encrypt@
    > >> @YAPADPADPAU_iobuf@@@Z)
    > >>
    > >> I got the header files all setup, but I can't get the libs working. I
    > >> followed the help and copied the lib files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    > >> Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib .
    > >>
    > >> Anybody know what i'm missing?
    > >>
    > >> Mike Luich

    > > You have to add the .lib files to your project's Linker properties.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Thomas Hruska
    > > Shining Light Productions
    > >
    > > Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
    > > http://www.slproweb.com/

    > I've tried to do that but It doesn't seem to be working. Any idea on
    > how I do that?
    >
    > Mike Luich
    > --
    > "you can't put your finger there - OOH! PUT YOUR FINGER THERE!" -
    > Princeton, Avenue Q
    > (http://www.avenueq.com/)

  5. Re: Microsoft Visual C++

    Ahhhh

    phew at least it's not me. bloomin M$......

    Thanks

    Mike Luich

    On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:33 AM, So Gerald wrote:

    > As I know,Microsoft Visual C++ Express do not support multithread programs
    > correctly and OpenSSL needs to work at multithread mode. So you should use
    > the other version of compiler instead.
    >
    > 2008/10/11 Michael Luich
    >
    > On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Thomas J. Hruska
    >> wrote:

    >> getting

    >> function

    >> Files\Microsoft

    >> > You have to add the .lib files to your project's Linker properties.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Thomas Hruska
    >> > Shining Light Productions
    >> >
    >> > Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
    >> > http://www.slproweb.com/

    >> I've tried to do that but It doesn't seem to be working. Any idea on
    >> how I do that?
    >>
    >> Mike Luich
    >> --
    >> "you can't put your finger there - OOH! PUT YOUR FINGER THERE!" -
    >> Princeton, Avenue Q
    >> (http://www.avenueq.com/)

  6. Re: Microsoft Visual C++

    Do you have any references about this VC++ Express problem with
    multithreaded programs?

    I'm using it and I'm interested.