Hi,

I'm writing a ctypes wrapper to access libcrypto from Python using
ctypes. A lot is working but when I go to extract the subject name
from a CSR (REQ) so I can add it to the cert, No Joy.

Extracting the subject name from a cert using X509_get_subject_name()
works because it is a function. The equivalent call for a REQ is
X509_REQ_get_subject_name(), but it fails. It is implemented as a
macro, not a function, and is not exposed. (See x509.h at about line
605.)

Am I missing something? Ought not X509_REQ_get_subject_name() be
implemented as a function? ...and there are about a dozen other
macros in x509.h that probably come under the same banner. (I have
yet to check the other header files.) Thots?

Thanks, Larry