sect163k1 public keys - Openssl

This is a discussion on sect163k1 public keys - Openssl ; hello It seems that sect163k1 public keys can have two formats The first with a key lentgh of 43 bytes which seems to be the standard, the second used by openssl with length 64 bytes. Can anyone tell me where ...

  1. sect163k1 public keys

    hello

    It seems that sect163k1 public keys can have two formats

    The first with a key lentgh of 43 bytes which seems to be the standard,
    the second used by openssl with length 64 bytes.

    Can anyone tell me where I can find informations on that and what it the
    impact on signature.

    I used a development snapshot (openssl-SNAP-20080930) of openssl

    Thanks for your help

    Bruno Vetel

  2. RE: sect163k1 public keys

    I suspect that the smaller one is using Certicom's patented point compression representation of the public key.

    Not sure on the signature part of your question.

    Bill

    It seems that sect163k1 public keys can have two formats

    The first with a key lentgh of 43 bytes which seems to be the standard,
    the second used by openssl with length 64 bytes.

    Can anyone tell me where I can find informations on that and what it the
    impact on signature.

    I used a development snapshot (openssl-SNAP-20080930) of openssl

    Thanks for your help

    Bruno Vetel

  3. RE: sect163k1 public keys

    On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 14:51 -0600, Bill Colvin wrote:
    > I suspect that the smaller one is using Certicom's patented point compression representation of the public key.

    Hello Bill

    Thanks for your answer but I
    don't think so. Following this url,

    http://tls.secg.org/index1.php?action=certificate

    the uncompressed size is 43 bytes and the compressed
    form 22

    Bruno