Certificate Expiry and pem file - Openssl

This is a discussion on Certificate Expiry and pem file - Openssl ; HI, One of our clients are renewing the digital certificates on their side as it is due to expire and would be rolling over to a new certificate.They have provided a .cer file.Actually we decrypt the messages from them.I understand ...

  1. Certificate Expiry and pem file

    HI,

    One of our clients are renewing the digital certificates on their side as it
    is due to expire and would be rolling over to a new certificate.They have
    provided a .cer file.Actually we decrypt the messages from them.I understand
    that I need to generate a .pem file from this .cer file.Can anyone help me
    in achieveing this.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Prabu.

  2. Re: Certificate Expiry and pem file

    > One of our clients are renewing the digital certificates on their
    > side as it
    > is due to expire and would be rolling over to a new certificate.They
    > have
    > provided a .cer file.Actually we decrypt the messages from them.I
    > understand
    > that I need to generate a .pem file from this .cer file.Can anyone
    > help me
    > in achieveing this.

    try: openssl x509 < nameofcerfile.cer > nameofpemfile.pem

  3. Re: Certificate Expiry and pem file

    > One of our clients are renewing the digital certificates on their
    > side as it
    > is due to expire and would be rolling over to a new certificate.They
    > have
    > provided a .cer file.Actually we decrypt the messages from them.I
    > understand
    > that I need to generate a .pem file from this .cer file.Can anyone
    > help me
    > in achieveing this.

    to convert to pem, try:
    openssl x509 < nameofcerfile.cer > nameofpemfile.pem

    if all you want to do is see it, try:
    openssl x509 -text < nameofcerfile.cer

  4. Re: Certificate Expiry and pem file

    Oh that worked.........Thank you very much