Leaks X509 - Openssl

This is a discussion on Leaks X509 - Openssl ; Hello I use openssl 0.9.8i in my project under Win32. There are some leaks detected when i do just it: X509* x=X509_new(); X509_free(); It was in previous versions too. What should i do to remove this? -- Best Regards, Stanislav ...

  1. Leaks X509

    --
    Best Regards,
    Stanislav Mikhailenko

  2. RE: Leaks X509

    Stanislav Mikhailenko:

    > Hello I use openssl 0.9.8i in my project under Win32.
    > There are some leaks detected when i do just it:
    >
    > X509* x=X509_new();
    > X509_free();
    >
    > It was in previous versions too.
    > What should i do to remove this?

    Did you confirm that the memory was leaked and not actually still in use? To test this, repeat the code block to allocate and free two X509 objects and see if twice as much memory is "leaked".

    If you see the same amount of memory "leaked", that proves that something the code did the first time made the code use less memory the second time. This shows that the memory was not actually leaked, but was in fact in use -- and in fact was used by the second operation.

    DS

  3. Re: Leaks X509

    X509_free(x);

    2008/10/2 David Schwartz