OpenSSL in VS2008 - Openssl

This is a discussion on OpenSSL in VS2008 - Openssl ; hi all, I'm trying to install latest OpenSSL version in VS2008 Express Edition on WinXP. I have downloaded and installed the redistributable for VC+ +2008, and also installed the latest version of compiled?(at least I suppose that's compiled version, cause ...

  1. OpenSSL in VS2008

    hi all,

    I'm trying to install latest OpenSSL version in VS2008 Express Edition
    on WinXP. I have downloaded and installed the redistributable for VC+
    +2008, and also installed the latest version of compiled?(at least I
    suppose that's compiled version, cause there exist the required dll's
    and lib's ) version of OpenSSL from /www.shininglightpro.com/products/
    Win32OpenSSL.html website. So AFAIK there is no need for Perl script
    compilation and NASM, MASM issue. I'm sure that I have set VC++2008
    search directory and Additional dependency directory
    properly(ssleay32MT.lib, libeay32.lib, user32.lib, kernel32.lib
    etc..). But when i run the code, even with the simple code as that

    #include "stdafx.h"
    #include "stdlib.h"
    #include "winsock.h"
    //OPENSSL INCLUSION HEADERS
    #include "openssl/ssl.h"
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include

    int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
    {
    printf("New console application has been created\n");
    }

    I get many linker errors, it seems at the start of the line,
    libeay32.lib is loaded but probelm with bss_sock.obj exist. Those
    errors and fuctions seems like Win native functions (such as
    GetDesktopWindow, MessageBoxA etc) don't think they are related with
    OpenSSL..

    1>libeay32MT.lib(bss_sock.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
    symbol _closesocket@4
    1>libeay32MT.lib(cryptlib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
    symbol mp__GetUserObjectInformationW@20
    1>libeay32MT.lib(cryptlib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
    symbol _imp__GetProcessWindowStation@0
    1>libeay32MT.lib(cryptlib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
    symbol __imp__GetDesktopWindow@0
    1>libeay32MT.lib(cryptlib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
    symbol __imp__MessageBoxA@16
    1>libeay32MT.lib(cryptlib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
    symbol __imp__DeregisterEventSource@4
    1>libeay32MT.lib(cryptlib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
    symbol __imp__ReportEventA@36
    1>libeay32MT.lib(cryptlib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
    symbol __imp__RegisterEventSourceA@8

    Any help will be appreciated so much !!

    Best Regards,

  2. Re: OpenSSL in VS2008