Problem generating csr - Openssl

This is a discussion on Problem generating csr - Openssl ; I am running Red Hat Enterprise 5.2 with OpenSSL 0.9.8h. The version of OpenSSL available for download from Red Hat Network was out of date so I downloaded OpenSSL 0.9.8h from openssl.org and did a ./configure, make, make install. Now, ...

  1. Problem generating csr

    I am running Red Hat Enterprise 5.2 with OpenSSL 0.9.8h. The version of
    OpenSSL available for download from Red Hat Network was out of date so I
    downloaded OpenSSL 0.9.8h from openssl.org and did a ./configure, make,
    make install. Now, if I do a openssl version, it displays the correct
    version, 0.9.8h. However, the rpm manager still shows the old version.

    My problem is when I generate a csr, the csr file is over 1.5 GB.
    Needless to say I think my OpenSSL configuration is screwed up. By the
    way I am a noobie if you haven't already guessed.

    Help is greatly appreciated.

    Dave

  2. Re: Problem generating csr

    On Thu, Sep 11, 2008, Fink, David wrote:

    > My problem is when I generate a csr, the csr file is over 1.5 GB.
    > Needless to say I think my OpenSSL configuration is screwed up. By the
    > way I am a noobie if you haven't already guessed.

    There is a bug in 0.9.8h which affects certificate request generation.

    This will be fixed in the next releae which will be real soon now...

    Alternatively try a recent snapshot such as:

    ftp://ftp.openssl.org/snapshot/opens...0080911.tar.gz

    Steve.