OpenSSL executable for Windows 2003 (32 bit) - Unattended Install - Openssl

This is a discussion on OpenSSL executable for Windows 2003 (32 bit) - Unattended Install - Openssl ; Hi, I am trying to install Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8g.exe on Windows 2003 server with an uattended install. I saw the exchange shown below at http://www.nabble.com/OpenSSL-execut...d19367245.html .. I downloaded Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8g.exe and Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8h.exe from http://www.slproweb.com/ . I tried installing each with the following options: ...

  1. OpenSSL executable for Windows 2003 (32 bit) - Unattended Install

    Hi,

    I am trying to install Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8g.exe on Windows 2003 server with
    an uattended install. I saw the exchange shown below at
    http://www.nabble.com/OpenSSL-execut...d19367245.html
    .. I downloaded Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8g.exe and Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8h.exe from
    http://www.slproweb.com/. I tried installing each with the following
    about closing the any open command prompts before continuing with the
    installation. Is there a a version that will install silently, and if so
    where can I download it.

    Thank You,

    Joe Steorts
    Computer Sciences Corporation
    jsteorts@csc.com

    > Hello,
    >
    > We are trying to mass install the Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8g.exe OpenSSL
    > program on 3000+ Windows 2003 server systems across multiple datacenters

    > using a combination of SMS and group policy. The problem is that
    > SMS/group policy launches a cmd.exe process to kick off the install
    > argument (c:\temp>Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8g.exe /silent) and this makes a
    > pop-up window appear prompting a user to continue the installation.
    >
    > Are there any other arguments that would suppress this prompt and thus
    > make the OpenSSL install be a true "?silent" installation so we could
    > perform mass installations without any manual intervention? Or are there

    > any other OpenSSL .exe downloads that would allow this, such as a newer
    > version?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Darrel Earhart

    ...[?,show rest of quote]

    This list isn't the place for such questions. *(Thankfully, I lurk
    around here though).

    To answer the question though, the installer technology used is
    InnoSetup. *Unfortunately, you appear to have stumbled onto a bug with
    the main script. *Even with '/verysilent /sp-', the message box doesn't
    get suppressed. *I've (hopefully) fixed this and uploaded new binaries.
    * Try those.

    --
    Thomas Hruska
    Shining Light Productions

    Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
    http://www.slproweb.com/

    delivery.
    purpose.

  2. Re: OpenSSL executable for Windows 2003 (32 bit) - Unattended Install

    Joe Steorts wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to install Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8g.exe on Windows 2003 server with
    > an uattended install. I saw the exchange shown below at
    > http://www.nabble.com/OpenSSL-execut...d19367245.html
    > . I downloaded Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8g.exe and Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8h.exe from
    > http://www.slproweb.com/. I tried installing each with the following
    > about closing the any open command prompts before continuing with the
    > installation. Is there a a version that will install silently, and if so
    > where can I download it.
    >
    > Thank You,
    >
    > Joe Steorts
    > Computer Sciences Corporation
    > jsteorts@csc.com

    You're right, but this does work:

    Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8h.exe /silent /verysilent /sp- /suppressmsgboxes

    I uploaded another change that fixes a silence issue with the end of the
    install, so be sure to get the latest version before trying the above
    out. Completely silent install (i.e. works for me, your mileage may vary).