Browser and SSL server - Openssl

This is a discussion on Browser and SSL server - Openssl ; Hello. I have a task to exchange data between an web-browser and my openssl-based SSL server on local system. As for a SSL-server I should provide SSL certificate but I can't because the name "localhost" is not trusted by default ...

  1. Browser and SSL server

    Hello.
    I have a task to exchange data between an web-browser and my openssl-based
    SSL server on local system. As for a SSL-server I should provide SSL
    certificate but I can't because the name "localhost" is not trusted by
    default and it's impossible to get authorized certificate. It's not good to
    watch warnings from browser any time.
    Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Maybe exists another way to
    communicate with browsers using SSL.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Browser and SSL server

    On Fri August 15 2008 12:51, Andrey Petrashenko wrote:
    > Hello.
    > I have a task to exchange data between an web-browser and my openssl-based
    > SSL server on local system. As for a SSL-server I should provide SSL
    > certificate but I can't because the name "localhost" is not trusted by
    > default and it's impossible to get authorized certificate. It's not good to
    > watch warnings from browser any time.
    > Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Maybe exists another way to
    > communicate with browsers using SSL.

    If using Linux, just use the domain name associated with the first NIC, first address.
    That should keep the code happy and the kernel will send the packets over the
    "localhost" code path (you will even see the packet counts for lo change).

    Other Operating Systems - Duh, no information.

    Mike