error:140D5042:SSL routines:SSL3_CTRL:called a function you should not call - Openssl

This is a discussion on error:140D5042:SSL routines:SSL3_CTRL:called a function you should not call - Openssl ; Has anyone seen this error: error:140D5042:SSL routines:SSL3_CTRL:called a function you should not call I am trying to troubleshoot and could use some help urgently. Thank you in advance for your help. -- Crypto ergo sum. https://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/ Truth does not fear ...

  1. error:140D5042:SSL routines:SSL3_CTRL:called a function you should not call

    --
    Crypto ergo sum. https://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
    Truth does not fear scrutiny or competition, only lies do.

  2. Re: error:140D5042:SSL routines:SSL3_CTRL:called a function youshould not call

    Travis wrote:
    > Has anyone seen this error:
    >
    > error:140D5042:SSL routines:SSL3_CTRL:called a function you should not call
    >
    > I am trying to troubleshoot and could use some help urgently.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your help.

    ERR_R_SHOULD_NOT_HAVE_BEEN_CALLED is the error and in ssl3_ctrl that occursin
    three locations (see s3_lib.c) each of which is related to setting callbacks for
    stuff which has been compiled out.

    i.e. OPENSSL_NO_RSA or OPENSSL_NO_DH or OPENSSL_NO_ECDH is defined and you are
    trying to set the rsa, dh, or ecdh temporary callbacks - which doesn't make
    sense and hence the error code.

    If your openssl is compiled without OPENSSL_NO_ERR then it would also have
    reported the file name and line number where the error occurred which also helps
    for tracking down issues (i.e. build without using "no-err" as an option)

    Tim.

+ Reply to Thread