    To: penssl-users@openssl.org
    Cc: jaenicke@openssl.org
    Subject: Re: Convert a DER certificate to PEM certificate
    From: mandira.x.sen@jpmchase.com
    Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 13:42:05 -0400

    Please help me with the command line to convert a DER Certificate to PEM
    Certificate.
    Also please confirm when I convert it to PEM will the certificate have the
    private key or not.

    Regards,

    Mandira Sen
    900 Chelmsford Street
    Tower 2, Floor 11
    Lowell, MA 01851
    (978) 805-1816

    Lutz Jaenicke
    08/08/2008 10:05 AM
    Please respond to
    jaenicke@openssl.org

    mandira.x.sen@jpmchase.com
    cc

    Subject
    Re: Convert a DER certificate to PEM certificate

    Dear Sir or Madam,

    please direct your question to openssl-users@openssl.org (after
    subscribing at
    http://www.openssl.org/support/
    It will then be publicly discussed on the mailing list.

    Best regards,
    Lutz

    On Fri, Aug 08, 2008, mandira.x.sen@jpmchase.com wrote:

    > Please help me with the command line to convert a DER Certificate to PEM

    > Certificate. Also please confirm when I convert it to PEM will the
    > certificate have the private key or not?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mandira Sen
    > 900 Chelmsford Street
    > Tower 2, Floor 11
    > Lowell, MA 01851
    > (978) 805-1816

    > This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not
    > intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of
    > any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any
    > transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not
    > warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change
    > without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not
    > necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
    > and affiliates.

    > confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure
    > under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you
    > are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
    > use of the information contained herein (including any reliance
    > thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any
    > attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect
    > that might affect any computer system into which it is received and
    > opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it
    > is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase &
    > Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss
    > or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this
    > transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and
    > destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
    > copy format. Thank you.
    >
    > Please refer to http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures for
    > disclosures relating to UK legal entities.--

    Lutz Jaenicke jaenicke@openssl.org
    OpenSSL Project http://www.openssl.org/~jaenicke/

    and affiliates.

    copy format. Thank you.

    disclosures relating to UK legal entities.
    ----- End forwarded message -----
    --
    Lutz Jaenicke jaenicke@openssl.org
    OpenSSL Project http://www.openssl.org/~jaenicke/

  2. Re: [FWD] Re: Convert a DER certificate to PEM certificate

    * Lutz Jaenicke wrote on Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 08:47 +0200:
    > Please help me with the command line to convert a DER
    > Certificate to PEM Certificate.

    $ openssl x509 -inform der -outform pem < certificate.der

    or

    $ openssl x509 -inform der -text < certificate.der

    (which includes a human readable description before the PEM block)

    > Also please confirm when I convert it to PEM will the
    > certificate have the private key or not.

    (your certificate certifies the /public/ key of course, as the
    private key should not be published but kept private, check with
    `openssl -text')

    oki,

    Steffen

    About Ingenico Throughout the world businesses rely on Ingenico for secure and expedient electronic transaction acceptance. Ingenico products leverage proven technology, established standards and unparalleled ergonomics to provide optimal reliability, versatility and usability. This comprehensive range of products is complemented by a global array of services and partnerships, enabling businesses in a number of vertical sectors to accept transactions anywhere their business takes them.
    www.ingenico.com This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.