Where I get list of trusted certs from verisign ? - Openssl

This is a discussion on Where I get list of trusted certs from verisign ? - Openssl ; Hello I use openssl with a simple client. This client only connect to one server. I get error message "unable to get local issuer certificate". That means server sends his certificate and client has to verify it with a list ...

  1. Where I get list of trusted certs from verisign ?

    Hello

    I use openssl with a simple client.
    This client only connect to one server.

    I get error message "unable to get local issuer certificate".

    That means server sends his certificate and client has to verify it with a
    list
    of trusted certificates or CAs. And this list is missing.
    In this case a certificate from verisign.

    All is written in root.pem and openssl reads this file to verify
    certificate.

    somerwhere I read :
    cat ca_key.pem ca_cert.pem > root.pem

    And where can I get these ca_key.pem and ca_cert.pem ?

    At verisign I can't find anything about *.pem files or a list of trusted
    certificates.

    thanks,
    Peter

  2. Re: Where I get list of trusted certs from verisign ?

    Hi Peter,

    I just saw a posting on the OpenSSL development list that should help
    you:
    http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#USER16

    Regards,
    Peter Djalaliev