Can OpenSSL parse SHA-2 within PKCS#7 objects? - Openssl

This is a discussion on Can OpenSSL parse SHA-2 within PKCS#7 objects? - Openssl ; On Mon, Aug 04, 2008, Travis wrote: > I've been trying to get OpenSSL to parse PKCS#7 objects made with > BouncyCastle, which uses SHA-2 hashes in it. > > However, I haven't had much luck. I know that OpenSSL ...

  1. Re: Can OpenSSL parse SHA-2 within PKCS#7 objects?

    On Mon, Aug 04, 2008, Travis wrote:

    > I've been trying to get OpenSSL to parse PKCS#7 objects made with
    > BouncyCastle, which uses SHA-2 hashes in it.
    >
    > However, I haven't had much luck. I know that OpenSSL has support for
    > SHA-2 directly, but I think the ASN.1 parser is blowing up on the
    > particular NID/OID for SHA-2 hashes.
    >
    > Does anyone here know that it does work?
    > Because all my work has suggested that it does not.

    What error are you getting from the command line tool?

    If it is an ASN1 parsing error then this isn't down to OIDs more the format.
    If BouncyCastle is using some CMS features you need to use the OpenSSL CMS
    support and not PKCS#7.

    If you still have problems please post a sample message OpenSSL has problems
    with, mailed privately if you prefer.

    Steve.

  2. Can OpenSSL parse SHA-2 within PKCS#7 objects?

    --
    Crypto ergo sum. https://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
    Truth does not fear scrutiny or competition, only lies do.