Hoover, Ben - CS wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any update on the FIPS 1.2 validation process? Any estimates on
> when it will be completed?

I recently posted a message predicting that we were only a week or so
from validation award for the OpenSSL FIPS Object Module v.1.2. That
prediction was based on the fact that after a long (many months) hiatus
we received several routine questions and requests for minor document
revisions, something that always seems to precede a validation award by
a week or three.

However, just yesterday I received yet another batch of queries that has
me suspecting we may be looking at a more indeterminate delay. That's
just a guess on my part, of course, sorry I can't be more definite.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
Open Source Software Institute