Hello,

according to the message http://marc.info/?l=openssl-cvs&m=112873074201030&w=2
there is an option SSL_OP_NO_COMPRESSION (note that it is actually not
SSL_OP_NO_COMP as documented) which forces disabling any compression,
even if some compression method would be supported otherwise. That is
exactly what I need in my application. Unfortunately this code is not
in the 0.9.8 releases. Is there any chance that future 0.9.8 releases
could support this option? Or is there any other possibility for me to
enforce disabling the compression from my application with the current
0.9.8 releases? I know that I could backport the patch or simply
compile OpenSSL without zlib support, but I would prefer to use the
standard shared library distributed with the OS (which might be
compiled with zlib support).

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Leoš Bitto