[OpenSSL] Un certificat pour 2 emails - Openssl

This is a discussion on [OpenSSL] Un certificat pour 2 emails - Openssl ; Hello, Do you know if we can associate more than one email address to one SSL certificate ? Please direct me to the right mailing list if this is not appropriate. Thanks in advance. Liberio. -- View this message in ...

  1. [OpenSSL] Un certificat pour 2 emails

    Hello,

    Do you know if we can associate more than one email address to one SSL
    certificate ?

    Please direct me to the right mailing list if this is not appropriate.

    Thanks in advance.

    Liberio.

  2. Re: Un certificat pour 2 emails

    On Jul 31, 9:42*am, libe...@free.Fr (liberio) wrote:

    > Do you know if we can associate more than one email address to one SSL
    > certificate ?

    liberio,

    The X.509 standard allows it -- see rfc3820. You can put arbitrarily
    many email addresses in a subject alternative name (where email
    addresses are supposed to go). However, some products will not look
    for more than one. I'm not sure why you say "SSL certificate" -- the
    rules here are the same for any certificate. If you mean a
    certificate constructed using OpenSSL tools, I presume that the answer
    is Yes, but I have not tested it.

    Mike Nelson

+ Reply to Thread