SSL_get_peer_certificate() failing - Openssl

This is a discussion on SSL_get_peer_certificate() failing - Openssl ; Hi, I am having a problem establishing a connection with openssl libs. My client code is failing because SSL_get_peer_certificate() returns NULL. On the server code SSL_get_error() returns 1 and the error string i get is "error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)" which is very unclear ...

  1. SSL_get_peer_certificate() failing

    Hi,

    I am having a problem establishing a connection with openssl libs. My client code is failing because SSL_get_peer_certificate() returns NULL. On the server code SSL_get_error() returns 1 and the error string i get is "error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)" which is very unclear to me. Why would SSL_get_peer_certificate() be failing?

    Thank you,
    John

  2. Re: SSL_get_peer_certificate() failing

    DESCRIPTION
    SSL_get_peer_certificate() returns a pointer to the X509 certificate
    the peer presented. If the peer did not present a certificate, NULL is
    returned.

    Please see the manual page for SSL_get_peer_certificate for more
    information (including information on how to tell the underlying SSL
    structure to request peer authentication.

    -Kyle H