OpenSSL For Windows CE - Openssl

  1. OpenSSL For Windows CE

    Hi,

    I saw your message in the openssl-dev mailing list about building
    openSSL for windows CE and i'm trying to do the same thing.

    I want to buil the openSSL libraries for Windows CE following those steps :

    Building
    --------

    Setup the eMbedded Visual C++ environment. There are batch files for doing
    this installed with eVC++. For an ARM processor, for example, execute:

    > "C:\Program Files\Microsoft eMbedded Tools\EVC\WCE300\BIN\WCEARM.BAT"

    > set WCECOMPAT=C:\wcecompat

    Next you should run Configure:

    > perl Configure VC-CE

    Next you need to build the Makefiles:

    > ms\do_ms

    If you get errors about things not having numbers assigned then check the
    troubleshooting section in INSTALL.W32: you probably won't be able to
    compile
    it as it stands.

    Then from the VC++ environment at a prompt do:

    - to build static libraries:

    > nmake -f ms\ce.mak

    When i try to excute the last step : nmake -f ms\ce.mak, i got the
    following problem :

    tmp32_\md2test.obj: fatal error LINK1112: module machine type 'X86'
    conflicts with target machine type 'ARM'.

    Please, did you have any idea about solving this problem?

    or did you know where can i get the openSSL library already builded for
    Windows CE?

    Thanks,
    Amir,

  2. Re: OpenSSL For Windows CE

    I have never compiled OpenSSL for Windows CE. However, it seems that you
    need to change compiler and linker options to say it is for an ARM
    processor. Look for CFLAGS and LFLAGS and make appropriate changes.

    On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Amir wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I saw your message in the openssl-dev mailing list about building openSSL
    > for windows CE and i'm trying to do the same thing.
    >
    > I want to buil the openSSL libraries for Windows CE following those steps :
    >
    > Building
    > --------
    >
    > Setup the eMbedded Visual C++ environment. There are batch files for doing
    > this installed with eVC++. For an ARM processor, for example, execute:
    >
    > > "C:\Program Files\Microsoft eMbedded Tools\EVC\WCE300\BIN\WCEARM.BAT"

    > > set WCECOMPAT=C:\wcecompat

    > Next you should run Configure:
    >
    > > perl Configure VC-CE

    > Next you need to build the Makefiles:
    >
    > > ms\do_ms

    > If you get errors about things not having numbers assigned then check the
    > troubleshooting section in INSTALL.W32: you probably won't be able to
    > compile
    > it as it stands.
    >
    > Then from the VC++ environment at a prompt do:
    >
    > - to build static libraries:
    >
    > > nmake -f ms\ce.mak

    > When i try to excute the last step : nmake -f ms\ce.mak, i got the
    > following problem :
    >
    > tmp32_\md2test.obj: fatal error LINK1112: module machine type 'X86'
    > conflicts with target machine type 'ARM'.
    >
    > Please, did you have any idea about solving this problem?
    >
    > or did you know where can i get the openSSL library already builded for
    > Windows CE?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Amir,

+ Reply to Thread