I believe the correct flag for 32 bit on a Sparc for gcc is
-mv8 and -mv7, not -m32. The V8 Sparc chip is a 32 bit chip
so if gcc is generating 64 bit code with this flag that's
a bug that should be reported to gcc. See more:

http://www.osnews.com/story/6136/SPA...ith_GCC/page1/

I don't know, of course, if 32 bit binaries generated this
way could even run.

Why exactly are you trying to generate primes with OpenSSL? It's much
faster to just download the table of primes from someplace like
http://primes.utm.edu/lists/small/millions/ and pack this with
your application.

Ted