How to generate one peap certificate with openssl? - Openssl

This is a discussion on How to generate one peap certificate with openssl? - Openssl ; Hi, I wanna set up one radius server with IAS and client use PEAP/MSCHAPV2 protocol to recognize the correct client, I'm using windows server 2003 and run http://127.0.0.1/certsvr to get a peap certificate but its period of validity is one ...

  1. How to generate one peap certificate with openssl?

    Hi,

    I wanna set up one radius server with IAS and client use PEAP/MSCHAPV2
    protocol to recognize the correct client, I'm using windows server 2003 and
    run http://127.0.0.1/certsvr to get a peap certificate but its period of
    validity is one year. but I need one peap certification with long time. May
    openssl generate such files?

    Thanks for all your help!

    Regards,

    Joffre

  2. Re: How to generate one peap certificate with openssl?

    On Jul 11, 1:42*pm, "Joffre" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I wanna set up one radius server with IAS and client use PEAP/MSCHAPV2
    > protocol to recognize the correct client, I'm using windows server 2003 and
    > runhttp://127.0.0.1/certsvrto get a peap certificate but its period of
    > validity is one year. but I need one peap certification with long time. May
    > openssl generate such files?
    >
    > Thanks for all your help!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Joffre

    Yes, you can generate x509 certificates using openssl.

    Visit the link http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man1/openssl_x509.1.asp

    At the end of the link you will find the commands to generate a
    certificate.

    You will need the Root (CA) 's private key to sign in PEM format
    >> Windows will give you in pfx, so extract from it using openssl

    (How to extract -
    http://sycure.wordpress.com/2008/05/...tion-exchange/)

    And sign it.

+ Reply to Thread