how to create IPSEC certs with SubjectAltName - Openssl

This is a discussion on how to create IPSEC certs with SubjectAltName - Openssl ; I've been wrestling with the openssl.cnf and don't understand it. I need to make some certs for some OpenBSD IPSec hosts (isakmpd) and they require this field to have something in it. Where should I start reading? -- Crypto ergo ...

  1. how to create IPSEC certs with SubjectAltName

    --
    Crypto ergo sum. https://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
    Truth does not fear scrutiny or competition, only lies do.

  2. Re: how to create IPSEC certs with SubjectAltName

    http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/x509v3_config.html

    Look for 'Subject Alternative Name'.

    I have not looked at OpenBSD's isakmpd, so I don't know what exactly
    they need to have in there.

    -Kyle H