Extracting a certificate from a credential - Openssl

This is a discussion on Extracting a certificate from a credential - Openssl ; On Thu, Jun 26, 2008, Olivia Hudson wrote: > Hello All, > > I'm new to openssl and was wondering if anyone knows what open ssl API to > call to > extract a PKCS7 certificate from a credential(PKCS12). > ...

  1. Re: Extracting a certificate from a credential

    On Thu, Jun 26, 2008, Olivia Hudson wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > I'm new to openssl and was wondering if anyone knows what open ssl API to
    > call to
    > extract a PKCS7 certificate from a credential(PKCS12).

    I'm not sure what you mean by "PKCS7 certificate". PKCS7 is (among other
    things) a format for packaging certificates but not a certificate format
    itself.

    You can extract a certificate from a PKCS#12 file using PKCS12_parse() and
    convert it to PKCS#7 format using the PKCS7 APIs (see crl2pkcs7 for an
    example).

    Steve.

  2. Extracting a certificate from a credential

    Hello All,

    I'm new to openssl and was wondering if anyone knows what open ssl API to
    call to
    extract a PKCS7 certificate from a credential(PKCS12).

    thanks,
    Olivia

  3. Re: Extracting a certificate from a credential

    Thanks!

    Olivia