syntax error in generated asm for sha1 (0.9.8h) - Openssl

This is a discussion on syntax error in generated asm for sha1 (0.9.8h) - Openssl ; Hello, I'm new to the list and did not find a better place to report bugs. Please point me to the right place if this mailing list should be used for bug reports. While building the new binaries to be ...

  1. syntax error in generated asm for sha1 (0.9.8h)

    Hello,

    I'm new to the list and did not find a better place to report bugs.
    Please point me to the right place if this mailing list should be used
    for bug reports.

    While building the new binaries to be used by PHP windows releases, I
    got a syntax error in s1_win32.asm (generated by sha1-586.pl).

    Generated code:
    TITLE sha1-586.asm
    .486
    ..model FLAT
    _TEXT$ SEGMENT PAGE 'CODE'

    PUBLIC _sha1_block_data_order
    16
    _sha1_block_data_order PROC NEAR

    The 16 is obviously causing the error. I tried to figure (quicly)
    what's wrong in the script but perl can be sometimes more cryptic than
    the generated asm

    Thanks for your fantastic work on openssl!

    Cheers,
    --
    Pierre

    http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org

  2. Re: syntax error in generated asm for sha1 (0.9.8h)

    Hi,

    This error has been already reported and I indicated how to solve it : in
    the file x86ms.pl, the line 273 containing "$extra" should be removed.
    Please refer to the following link :

    http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-.../msg24059.html

    Cheers,

    --